Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: richmond...as nice as the pics look?  (Read 1190 times)

Mr Belding

• What a tool
    • View Profile
Re: richmond...as nice as the pics look?
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2005, 07:45:12 PM »
Richmond is still the prettiest school ive ever visited, hands down.
164 / 3.65

williamwallace50

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - caveman7321
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2005, 07:37:18 AM »
I live in Richmond and I must say that it is a great city to live and work in. I know a lot of Richmond law students and many of them love the school buildings, the general campus area, and the city itself. U of R is on the outskirts of the city limits of Richmond, but Richmond as a general metro area is a good size (little less than 1 million in all the surrounding counties).

I think most of the law students live in apts. near or around the school (10-15 drive) and for fun most of them head to bars, clubs, or friends houses.

I went to the law reception they had for incoming fall students last year, and a word of warning - there were hardly ANY hot girls. Like 0. The guys also looked mostly like tool-bags, but I guess if you are cool, you can get whatever small amount of girls there are (including some of the hot undergrads).

However, I wouldn't worry too much about the girls at the actual law school, because there are plenty of fine women in Richmond. Any other questions
I agree with that statement. Richmond has a serious lack of attractive women. Of course, I guess its good if you're a girl since every bar is a sausage fest.

coolioom

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2005, 11:31:10 AM »
I mean, when you pick a law school, you have to think about a lot of things. Sure, the most important thing is academics, and other things like reputation, cost, location, etc. All these things are aspects a person must decide for themself. Personally, girls is quite important for me. If I went to a really really great school but had only crappy girls for three years, well, maybe I will pick a slightly less ranked school in a big city. This is YOUR life we're talking about, and in the end, what difference will ranking of a school give you in your life - a small marginal difference of pay - maybe. Thanks Capt'

jon

« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2005, 11:41:09 AM »
A) I've lived in Richmond forever, and I can asure you that the girls are not all they've been cracked up to be in this thread.  It seems that there are more bachelors than like-aged "catch" young ladies.

B) Supposedly, UR is struggling with placement.  There was a thread on this somewhere, and, yes, I'm too lazy to find it.  I remember being impressed with the argument the poster made.  Also, keep in mind that UR places alomost exclusively in VA and that there are 4 superior law schools in the state (UVA, W&L, W&M, GMU), 2 in NC (Duke and UNC), and that Vandy, Emory, UGA, and other superior Southern schools send people to VA.

C) UR's campus is beautiful, but the actual law school building is average, particularly on the inside.

D) Girls/guys/i.e. "life" is important while being in law school, but not nearly important enough justify going to UR versus W&M, for instance, let alone UR versus, say, Chicago.  UR versus a school very similar to it but ranked a few spots down?  Maybe.