Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Deferred at Kent - Should I bother?  (Read 389 times)

Comm-Law

• View Profile
Deferred at Kent - Should I bother?
« on: March 10, 2005, 04:10:14 PM »
Much to my surprise/dismay I finally received word from Chicago Kent today.  I've been deferred and they are encouraging me to resubmit and be considered for the evening program.

I've already been accepted across town at DePaul.  I've received a scholarship and I've been accepted into the CIPLIT IP writing program.  Until today, I suspected that I'd see roughly the same decision/scholarship from Kent.

Now my decision is much more difficult.  In light of the deferral, I must assume that I would not qualify in for any merit scholarship at Kent.  Had all things been held equal... both schools with acceptances into the fulltime program with equal scholarships, I think I would have selected Kent based on its reputation and its facilities (Kent's building is MUCH nicer than DePaul's).

So, I guess the question that must be answered is this:

Is attending Kent part-time with no scholarship really worth that much more than attending DePaul full-time with scholarship?  To add to the weight of this decision, I have a wife and 2 kids to support... attending Kent part-time would add a year to my cost-of-law-school.  That equates to about $60,000 to $80,000 of additional expense.

- Comm-Law   

Groovyju

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Deferred at Kent - Should I bother?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2005, 05:18:05 PM »
how much money is depaul offering you?  i'm surprised  you got deferred wiht a 160..it must be based on GPA