Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Just got into Syracuse!  (Read 611 times)

ACore

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - atomcore
    • View Profile
    • Email
Just got into Syracuse!
« on: March 10, 2005, 01:05:26 PM »
Just got a letter in the mail stating I was accepted to Syracuse. I'm not sure that it matters though since I will probably be going to Florida State now (unless I get accepted to UM.)
Attending: FSU
In: FIU, FSU, Syracuse 
Waitlisted: UM, Penn State
Rejected: Pitt, Stetson

Jenmuhl

Re: Just got into Syracuse!
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2005, 01:25:46 PM »
wow. lucky you. when was your app complete? I am dying to hear from them. mine was complete early jan.

bdc

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2005, 01:27:07 PM »
what are your #'s Jenumhl?

Jenmuhl

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2005, 01:27:52 PM »
156 lsat.  2.83 ugpa and 3.5 grad gpa.  I know my ugpa is low :( that's why i'm worried.

bdc

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2005, 01:31:49 PM »
I found out in jan.  I think what did it for me was showing specific interest in one of their programs.  All the other schools dont seem to factor that in and are strict numbers schools however the quick turnaround (1 month) and with a 3.4/153 showed that they must have looked at other factors.  Any opinions about the school would be appreciated.

Jenmuhl

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2005, 01:39:56 PM »
well i wrote a letter a few weeks ago saying how much i'm interested in their Science, technoloogy and law program and that they're my top choice. So hopefully that will help. I have been accepted into all the other tier 3 schools I applied to.

I have a cousin that goes there so I know some info from him.  He has a twin brother that goes to Temple and says the teaching at Syracuse is much better and profs more accesbile than what his bro goes through.. but he hates how cold it is. He also said it's a nice area around but sometimes kinda boring after two years. hmm that's pretty much all i can tell you. Wish I had more info.  Where else are you looking?   

werbz

• Sr. Citizen
  • Evil Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2005, 01:41:18 PM »
Just got a letter in the mail stating I was accepted to Syracuse. I'm not sure that it matters though since I will probably be going to Florida State now (unless I get accepted to UM.)

Hey I'm applying to FSU as well... How long did it take for your app to go from Complete to Decision?

Any chance you'll end up there?

ACore

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - atomcore
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2005, 01:44:33 PM »

My app was completed in late December and I received a deferral notice sometime in February. In total it was roughly 3 months.
Attending: FSU
In: FIU, FSU, Syracuse 
Waitlisted: UM, Penn State
Rejected: Pitt, Stetson

bdc

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2005, 01:45:29 PM »
so far its between Syracuse and Suffolk.  Im just not sure which one gives yu the best opportunities at grad.