Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Deleted  (Read 2990 times)

unicorngt1983

• View Profile
Deleted
« on: March 10, 2005, 01:02:39 PM »
Deleted

prospect

• Sr. Citizen
  • "I'll charm you yet..."
    • View Profile
Re: Getting Annoyed
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2005, 01:11:51 PM »
I know.  It's getting to be such a b*tch to be white in America.  Maybe you can be the Marcus Garvey of white folks & start a "Back to England" movement.

HTH

WfPck05

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2005, 01:30:02 PM »
So for every school that has rejected or waitlisted me when I sorted the data on the law school numbers site and looked at all the people accepted with a lower LSAT score and GPA than me, every single one of the people accepted with these lower stats is a URM.  I am so annoyed. Of the schools that I was accepted to, every school has a black law students club, a latino law students club, an asian law students club...but where is the white law students club.   I guess the way affirmative action works is a URM GPA of 2.9 is equivalent to my 3.9 GPA, and then of course the spot has to go to the minority.

I agree with you!  It is extremely frustrating   >:(

risingMC

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2005, 01:34:14 PM »
Of the schools that I was accepted to, every school has a black law students club, a latino law students club, an asian law students club...but where is the white law students club. 

It's called the "Former Presidents of the US" club. Also the "Fortune 500" club.

stellar

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2005, 01:49:56 PM »
Oh my GOD how many times do we have to cover this? File this under Bitter Rejects.
Look maybe you are right, maybe some URMs did get in with lower numbers. It has been established a million times LSN is not completly accurate. It represents a sample of applicants and if you look closely at the numbers, those partcipating online at LSN is more likely to be, numerically, at the higher end of the spectrum. The data you are looking at is not complete. Now having said that, are you really that arrogant that you cannot conceive of one reason that they passed on you. Maybe your personal statement was weak...or they did not like the topic. Did you fall into the 'why I want to be a lawyer trap' etc? Maybe some of the URM applicants had outstanding essays- and life experiences that would round out a class. What I am sure of, is that if your personal statement came off anything like your post, the adcom could prob. tell that you are an a-hole.
173/3.8
In: NYU, Columbia, Fordham, UPenn
Pending: Harvard, BC, Cornell,

stellar

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2005, 01:52:02 PM »
ok I was just censored...it was supposed to say a-hole
173/3.8

stellar

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2005, 01:53:02 PM »
what the hell! People can post about sex and violence but I can't say a-hole?
173/3.8

eileen2004

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2005, 01:57:45 PM »
what the hell! People can post about sex and violence but I can't say meanie?

The option to view posts uncensored is in your account information.  Take a look and de-select the appropriate box.

In response to the OP: Your LSAT is 4-5 points below the 25% for the schools that rejected you.  Get over yourself.

risingMC

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2005, 02:08:09 PM »
In response to the OP: Your LSAT is 4-5 points below the 25% for the schools that rejected you.  Get over yourself.

Hey, how'd you find that out?

eileen2004

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2005, 02:19:46 PM »

Hey, how'd you find that out?

Magic.   ;)