Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: The Howard Law/HBCU Law Schools Thread  (Read 304008 times)

Bluenine

• Sr. Citizen
  • Shut up
    • View Profile
Re: HBCU knowledge for the mis-informed
« Reply #110 on: April 28, 2005, 12:26:48 PM »
You know what screw it.. Do you know your history?? Seriously.. do you know the history of our country?? Do you honestly think that back in 1906,1908,1911,1913,1914 WHITE MEN AND WOMEN WERE ALLOWING BLACK MEN AND WOMEN INTO their fraternities and sororities??? I mean damn you can’t be that oblivious to the history of our country… They didn’t even want us in “Their” schools… Some still don't but I digress...

So what did we do? We FOUNDED fraternities and sororities as well.. but NEVER in the history of our organizations did we discriminate against whites, latinos.. ANYONE

Just because you pull up a lame ass website listing “black fraternities and sororities” means nothing… If you really want to know the deal.. and you don’t believe the people that are telling you otherwise..

Why didn’t you just apply to a HBCU to see what would happen?? Why don’t you ask some KNOWLEDGEABLE white people about the history of HBCUs and BGLOs? I posted the contact information of one of the White professors at Howard law school.. why don’t you email him.. he’ll set you str8..

*buzzer* Wrong again...Unfortunately, Black Greek Letter Organizations are not all-black anymore.

"Anymore" being the key word, perhaps.

http://www.blackrefer.com/fraternity.html

I've been struggling for a while now to make something clear.  This is not a personal gripe.  Now, the idea that some of these groups are self selecting does not infer necessarily that discrimination doesnt go on.  We have it on our books that employers should not descriminate of the basis of many such compository factors that make people members of identifiable groups and yet it would be foolish to think that becuase we say it, the problem is solved.

I expect people to continue to be upset with me.  Thats fine but Ive said all I wanted to say.

Youre missing my point entirely.  We (i.e. white people) may say that we dont discriminate on the basis of race or a lot of other things but the reality is that policy statements to that effect do not always comport with reality.  Here is a perfect example:  http://jurist.law.pitt.edu/paperchase/2005/04/sodexho-settles-racial-discrimination.php

IT CAN BE A TWO WAY STREET!  THATS ALL I AM SAYING! 

Black people and historically black institutions can and probably do or have had the same sort of under the carpet discrimination.  The problem I see is that its taboo and we cant ever talk about it because its been unfairly slighted in your direction for so long.  You have a certain bent that wont allow you to acknowlege that black people are as capable as white people of discriminating against whites, gays, people who keep fish as pets and so on...

Just leave historically black institutions out of this, because you really are uninformed.

The George Washington University Law School c/o 2008

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: HBCU knowledge for the mis-informed
« Reply #111 on: April 28, 2005, 01:17:46 PM »
find me an article relating to your claims about discrimination at HBCUs and BGLOs... then we'll proceed with the discussion

.  Here is a perfect example:  http://jurist.law.pitt.edu/paperchase/2005/04/sodexho-settles-racial-discrimination.php
We're not accepting this CHANGE UP in the rules. Period. American presidents have been in the bed with organized crime, corporate pilferers, and the like for years. And all u want to put on this man is that his pastor said "Gotdamn America?" Hell, America.U got off pretty damn well, if you ask me...

mash1

• View Profile
Re: Catholic or Howard
« Reply #112 on: April 28, 2005, 09:31:33 PM »
Thanks everyone for your input. I decided to attend Case because of the money, and their health law program. The next three years of my life will be spent in Cleveland, and to think I just returned home from undergrad. 8)

Bluenine

• Sr. Citizen
  • Shut up
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 28, 2005, 09:53:22 PM »
Thanks everyone for your input. I decided to attend Case because of the money, and their health law program. The next three years of my life will be spent in Cleveland, and to think I just returned home from undergrad. 8)

Congrats on making a decision! I wish I could do the same...
The George Washington University Law School c/o 2008

faith2005

« Reply #114 on: April 29, 2005, 11:38:45 AM »
Good Luck at Case!!  :)

monimone

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Texas Southern
« Reply #115 on: April 29, 2005, 03:31:05 PM »
Does anyone have any info on Texas Southern?  I'm not considering applying but was curious about the school.    ??? ??? ???

Lawprofessor

• Sr. Citizen
  • Pony Up!
    • View Profile
Re: Texas Southern
« Reply #116 on: April 29, 2005, 03:48:25 PM »
Does anyone have any info on Texas Southern?  I'm not considering applying but was curious about the school.    ??? ??? ???

Why are you curious if you are not applying?
Back in the saddle again.

monimone

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 29, 2005, 04:06:06 PM »
Because I heard about it from a friend that will be attending.

HBCU.EDU

« Reply #118 on: April 29, 2005, 04:11:59 PM »
Monimone- Welcome to BLSD

You can read 22 post from actual students at TSU. You can get alot of info regarding the TSU program if you click the link below. Are you attending a HBCU for undergrade? http://www.4law.net/rating/censura.php?tsid=1&csid=1a61ca608187e853eb0b66e0a5ea976a&cmd=details&itemid=200

You can also check out their website: http://www.tsu.edu/academics/law/

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 29, 2005, 04:13:24 PM »
she can also go to texas southern's website like other curious people..  ;D
We're not accepting this CHANGE UP in the rules. Period. American presidents have been in the bed with organized crime, corporate pilferers, and the like for years. And all u want to put on this man is that his pastor said "Gotdamn America?" Hell, America.U got off pretty damn well, if you ask me...