Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: The Howard Law/HBCU Law Schools Thread  (Read 298294 times)

A.J

HBCU knowledge for the mis-informed
« Reply #40 on: April 08, 2005, 05:11:53 PM »
why would you think that there aren't any white students at Historically Black Colleges & Universities? And why couldn't you just share in the congrats for the school instead of coming in here with that negative vibe?

I do believe Howard is all black.  But that aside, you're missing me by quite a bit.  There is no negativity in what I said.  It is simply reality.  I am allowed to have a different perspective and I am also allowed to not shy away from issue that might touch a nerve, simply becuase they might touch a nerve.

Like I said, I dont mind if there is or isnt.  There may still be a need in our society for such an institution although its hard to argue that it isnt discrimination.

All that aside, good job in the moot court competition by Howard.

Ladyday

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 08, 2005, 05:12:38 PM »
Jeebus! Why is it that everytime black people want to celebrate something positive in our community, here comes a white person trying to *&^% on it. When Johnnie past, we all gave the man respect, but noooooooooo here comes whitey talking about he wasn't a great lawyer. Now, we want to give Howard Law students their just props, and here comes whitey talking about reverse discrimination.  ::) Just stop and take a inner inventory about how much it really matters to you, and if it truly matters that much, u need to find something better to focus your energy on.

Why dont you read what I just said?  This post is just way off the charts.

Oh, and is it or is it not a fact that Howard is all black? 

HTH

No, my post wasn't off, I also read the original post u had here before it was deleted, and like blk_reign stated, it had a negative connotation and vibe. So, either you came here to participate in the congratulatory sentiments, or u came here to start trouble and be pessimistic.

And before you make blanket statements about an institution, u may want to do your research first

HTH

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 08, 2005, 05:17:14 PM »
why would you think that there aren't any white students at Historically Black Colleges & Universities? And why couldn't you just share in the congrats for the school instead of coming in here with that negative vibe?

I do believe Howard is all black.  But that aside, you're missing me by quite a bit.  There is no negativity in what I said.  It is simply reality.  I am allowed to have a different perspective and I am also allowed to not shy away from issue that might touch a nerve, simply becuase they might touch a nerve.

Like I said, I dont mind if there is or isnt.  There may still be a need in our society for such an institution although its hard to argue that it isnt discrimination.

All that aside, good job in the moot court competition by Howard.

the statement that you originally made (u know exactly what i'm referring to) was  negative.. you brought that whole "reverse discrimination" bs up.. like i said in the beginning that was very inaccurate

like ladyday stated.. before you make blanket statements about an institution.. you may want to do your research.. don't assume that a school is all black because someone may have told you that in the past.. be open to learning the truth about things on your own...that's exactly where all the misconceptions come from

We're not accepting this CHANGE UP in the rules. Period. American presidents have been in the bed with organized crime, corporate pilferers, and the like for years. And all u want to put on this man is that his pastor said "Gotdamn America?" Hell, America.U got off pretty damn well, if you ask me...

A.J

« Reply #43 on: April 08, 2005, 05:18:19 PM »
Howard is not black. In fact there are white, asian, and latino students who go there. The faculty is pretty diverse as well.

Ok then, Howard has changed.  I was still under the impression that it was an all black institution.  It was at one time.

Good enough.

And Lady, no it wasnt negative.  I put a winkie in to clue people into the fact that I wasnt particularily concerned.

the statement that you originally made (u know exactly what i'm referring to) was negative.. you brought that whole "reverse discrimination" bs up.. like i said in the beginning that was very inaccurate

like ladyday stated.. before you make blanket statements about an institution.. you may want to do your research.. don't assume that a school is all black because someone may have told you that in the past.. be open to learning the truth about things on your own...that's exactly where all the misconceptions come from

When did it change?  Why when I search their website kind I find a class profile?

Show me the facts please.

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 08, 2005, 05:30:45 PM »
Howard is not black. In fact there are white, asian, and latino students who go there. The faculty is pretty diverse as well.

Ok then, Howard has changed.  I was still under the impression that it was an all black institution.  It was at one time.

Good enough.

And Lady, no it wasnt negative.  I put a winkie in to clue people into the fact that I wasnt particularily concerned.

the statement that you originally made (u know exactly what i'm referring to) was negative.. you brought that whole "reverse discrimination" bs up.. like i said in the beginning that was very inaccurate

When did it change?  Why when I search their website kind I find a class profile?

Show me the fact please.

howard never rejected anyone because they were white.. when most hbcu's were founded.. do you HONESTLy think that white people were applying there?

oh COME ON  >:( ... if i pulled up a picture of a commencement class at ANY institution that wasn't an HBCU the majority of the students in the photo would be white..

We're not accepting this CHANGE UP in the rules. Period. American presidents have been in the bed with organized crime, corporate pilferers, and the like for years. And all u want to put on this man is that his pastor said "Gotdamn America?" Hell, America.U got off pretty damn well, if you ask me...

A.J

« Reply #45 on: April 08, 2005, 05:33:19 PM »
So you are saying that Howard students are self-selecting.  Fine, that may be a good argument but the reality is that Howard at one time, at least, ONLY admitted African Americans.  You have yet to prove that this is still not their pratice.

Ladyday

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 08, 2005, 05:38:54 PM »
See what I mean  ::)

Reign, too much energy. If we can't stay on what the specific purpose of what this thread was about, let's let it go. And people wonder why we need HBCU's...................

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 08, 2005, 05:40:22 PM »
So you are saying that Howard students are self-selecting.  Fine, that may be a good argument but the reality is that Howard at one time, at least, ONLY admitted African Americans.  You have yet to prove that this is still not their pratice.

i'm not saying that at all..and u do realize that howard wasn't founded by blacks right? you do realize that most hbcus were founded by whites??

i'm not even going to go there on the whole Plessy v. Ferguson case but there was a time.. NOT long ago when blacks were NOT admitted to WHITE institutions.. that very practice was NEVER practiced at an HBCU

A.J

« Reply #48 on: April 08, 2005, 05:42:45 PM »
See what I mean  ::)

Reign, too much energy. If we can't stay on what the specific purpose of what this thread was about, let's let it go. And people wonder why we need HBCU's...................

Guess what, if my right to have an opinion, whether informed or not, wasnt suppressed we wouldnt be having this little tussle right now

So you are saying that Howard students are self-selecting. Fine, that may be a good argument but the reality is that Howard at one time, at least, ONLY admitted African Americans. You have yet to prove that this is still not their pratice.

i'm not saying that at all..and u do realize that howard wasn't founded by blacks right? you do realize that most hbcus were founded by whites??

i'm not even going to go there on the whole Plessy v. Ferguson case but there was a time.. NOT long ago when blacks were NOT admitted to WHITE institutions.. that very practice was NEVER practiced at an HBCU

Simply saying it over and over does not make it so.  Prove that a white student has ever attended Howard Law.

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 08, 2005, 05:44:55 PM »
LOL there's a white student in the picture you posted ::)