Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: The Howard Law/HBCU Law Schools Thread  (Read 299683 times)

Jebber

• Sr. Citizen
  • Git-R-Done!
    • View Profile
Re: Catholic or Howard
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2005, 12:40:53 PM »
Catholic over Howard anyday... esp. w/$$. If you wouldn't mind going to Cleveland I'd take Case over both of them... but if you really want DC then Catholic has a much better rep.
2.78 (McGill), 158
ATTENDING: Franklin Pierce

"Concord or Bust(y)!"

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2005, 12:59:38 PM »
Catholic over Howard anyday... esp. w/$$. If you wouldn't mind going to Cleveland I'd take Case over both of them... but if you really want DC then Catholic has a much better rep.

I'd go to Howard if I had to choose between the two. Howard has a good reputation, as well as legacy. Their bar passage rate is good as well.HU has some excellent job placements and there are summer job programs offered in various cities that are exclusive to Howard Law School. There International Law program is decent and since you're looking for an HBC experience you know that you aren't getting that at CAU.

Since you're interested in International Law the location of HU's law school is unmeasured as well. It's across the street from the Embassy's of Ghana and Ethiopia. Less than ten minutes from Embassy Row.
We're not accepting this CHANGE UP in the rules. Period. American presidents have been in the bed with organized crime, corporate pilferers, and the like for years. And all u want to put on this man is that his pastor said "Gotdamn America?" Hell, America.U got off pretty damn well, if you ask me...

One Step Ahead

• LSD Obsessed
  • you say you want a revolution
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2005, 01:14:44 PM »
Case is an upper tier 2, I'd at least give them a visit before ruling it out.  otherwise Howard--btw try to see if they'll give you some aid given both the Catholic and Case offers.

never2bsy

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2005, 04:19:46 PM »
Go to Howard, you won't regret it.
If there is anybody in this land who thoroughly believes that the meek shall inherit the earth, they have not often let their presence be known. -- W.E.B. DuBois

Ladyday

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2005, 04:24:33 PM »
I'll bite. Mash make a poll, and then we'll all vote and decide for you. seems like the easiet solution.

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2005, 06:41:07 PM »
she's probably not coming back.. u know how they do..
We're not accepting this CHANGE UP in the rules. Period. American presidents have been in the bed with organized crime, corporate pilferers, and the like for years. And all u want to put on this man is that his pastor said "Gotdamn America?" Hell, America.U got off pretty damn well, if you ask me...

mash1

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2005, 02:34:23 PM »
Thanks everyone for your input. I've been away from my computer working and visiting Case. I've been to both Catholic and Howard before. Visiting Case put things into perspective. The city is crappy, but the school has a lot to offer. I spoke to Howard's financial aid and basically I have no chance of getting as much as Case is offering. Prospects after graduation are good at both places so it's still a toss up. . .

faith2005

« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2005, 03:52:21 PM »
awww. Cleveland's not that bad.  :( I live in the DC area now, so you can definitely take that into account, but its not crappy. there are things to do and see and cool people esp. if you get to know the neighborhoods. little italy is nice and nearby. i lived on the east side and there are places to hang out. i think anyone of them would be a good choice. i heard that case is not necessarily a good place for black men. but if you talked to black students and they seemed happy, then I would take that into strong consideration. the only thing about i know for sure is that the school is mostly tech nerds, so you might have to leave campus to find parties and stuff.

mash1

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2005, 05:13:09 PM »
awww. Cleveland's not that bad.  :( I live in the DC area now, so you can definitely take that into account, but its not crappy. there are things to do and see and cool people esp. if you get to know the neighborhoods. little italy is nice and nearby. i lived on the east side and there are places to hang out. i think anyone of them would be a good choice. i heard that case is not necessarily a good place for black men. but if you talked to black students and they seemed happy, then I would take that into strong consideration. the only thing about i know for sure is that the school is mostly tech nerds, so you might have to leave campus to find parties and stuff.

Hmmm. . . Is Case not good for black men or blacks in general, and how so? I admit I was exaggerating a bit about Cleveland (I'm partial to D.C.). As far as the students, they seemed happier about the financial aid and the prospects after graduation than about their current situation . ..

faith2005

« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2005, 05:16:53 PM »
well i have friends who went to school in the area (the institute of art and case) and some of them had problems with the police on campus b/c they're constantly afraid of folks from East Cleveland coming thru and wrecking the place. its not that different from other city campuses i've visited though. i guess howard would be different b/c its in the hood, and the school is black too. so you can't really do the whole racial profiling, pull over every black man you see type of thing.