Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: The Howard Law/HBCU Law Schools Thread  (Read 309897 times)

jireh

• View Profile
Re: The Howard Law/HBCU Law Schools Thread
« Reply #1850 on: May 13, 2007, 08:31:36 PM »
I am just in awe that I still have not heard from FAMU. It's now three months. I was told by a friend that they mailed their denial letters some time ago. I guess I must be in a holding place. I faxed another letter of interest. The waiting is hard at times.

jireh

• View Profile
Re: Waiting to hear from FAMU
« Reply #1851 on: May 13, 2007, 08:35:55 PM »

P.U.S.H

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1852 on: May 14, 2007, 01:01:44 AM »
Everday I'm HUSL'in

Sparkz1920

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Waiting to hear from FAMU
« Reply #1853 on: May 14, 2007, 11:47:00 PM »
Just want to see if anyone who applied to FAMU received a response to their application? I applied almost three months ago and still waiting?

Just got my acceptance letter today from FAMU. Not going to attend. 200 Dollar seat deposit

Takin my arse to where i planned on going anyway

Congratulations! How long was your wait?

I sent my app's supporting docs off around 26th of Feb because i wanted to get my stuff into Southern before the deadline of the 28th

I received my acceptance letter on the 5th of May

marcusbarnes30

• View Profile
    • Email
Howard vs. Bottom half of Tier 1 through Tier 4
« Reply #1854 on: May 15, 2007, 03:50:36 PM »
Just something for you all to opine on

Giving the cost of tuition and job possibilities at Howard (discounting the mediocre bar passage rate or you wanting to work in Seattle), how much sense does it really make to go any where else if you cannot get admitted to a top 25 school. Regardless of your race.
It has long been known that Howard is one of the hidden jewels for an education in law and subsequent career placement, but I was just looking for thoughts particularly in opposition on why one wouldn't attend howard given the pros and cons.

A.

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: Howard vs. Bottom half of Tier 1 through Tier 4
« Reply #1855 on: May 15, 2007, 03:56:09 PM »
Dood, did you not see the f'in 125-page thread on this at the top of the board?  Let me help you out:

http://www.lawschooldiscussion.org/prelaw/index.php/topic,27865.1860.html

P.U.S.H

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1856 on: May 15, 2007, 04:36:55 PM »
Called Howard about WL status... let's just say I don't think I'll be hearing from them favorably before JULY >:(

NCCU almost closed my file because they couldn't contact me overseas, so I'm calling again tomorrow.

I'm so tired of 4am phone calls :-\
Everday I'm HUSL'in

Smokey

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1857 on: May 15, 2007, 04:42:45 PM »
Damn this is the first time I have ever seen hostility from you, Alci.  And this is after two years of bugging you about LS admissions.   :D

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1858 on: May 15, 2007, 05:16:32 PM »
Alcimus Meridius Maximus!
"A lawyer's either a social engineer or a parasite on society. A social engineer is a highly skilled...lawyer who understands the Constitution of the U.S. and knows how to explore its uses in the solving of problems of local communities and in bettering [our] conditions."
Charles H. Houston

chocolatedlux56

• View Profile
« Reply #1859 on: May 15, 2007, 06:15:50 PM »
I am just in awe that I still have not heard from FAMU. It's now three months. I was told by a friend that they mailed their denial letters some time ago. I guess I must be in a holding place. I faxed another letter of interest. The waiting is hard at times.

I think the acceptance letters must still be coming from FAMU. I just got mine in the mail today. Two weeks after I sent my deposit to NCCU. I don't know if that a good thing or a bad thing, cause my fiance lives in Orlando. But what's done is done I guess. :-\