Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: The Howard Law/HBCU Law Schools Thread  (Read 299072 times)

Paper Chaser

• Sr. Citizen
  • http://guinnessandchocolate.blogspot.com
    • View Profile
Re: The Howard Law/HBCU Law Schools Thread
« Reply #1830 on: May 05, 2007, 10:42:26 PM »
Good luck to you as well. I dont think I am more driven than anyone else. Times are hard, so brothers have to be. I didn't spend that much money for the paralegal certificate. It only cost about 1500 or so at a local community college. I went to the Admitted Student Luncheon, and had a chance to talk with two professors about my career aspirations. A fellow 0L was sitting there and just giving me this icey stare the entire time we were talking. I didn't dominate the conversation or anything, but the professors seemed to be excited that I knew what I wanted to do and had a plan on how to achieve it. I am still tripping off how that chick was mean mugging me the entire time. lol.

chydiva82

• Did God take permission from U when he created ME?
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1831 on: May 05, 2007, 11:37:56 PM »
Good luck to you as well. I dont think I am more driven than anyone else. Times are hard, so brothers have to be. I didn't spend that much money for the paralegal certificate. It only cost about 1500 or so at a local community college. I went to the Admitted Student Luncheon, and had a chance to talk with two professors about my career aspirations. A fellow 0L was sitting there and just giving me this icey stare the entire time we were talking. I didn't dominate the conversation or anything, but the professors seemed to be excited that I knew what I wanted to do and had a plan on how to achieve it. I am still tripping off how that chick was mean mugging me the entire time. lol.

:D (to the bolded)

Puleeze, I have no time for those who choose to hate for whatever reasons.
What she should have been doing was taking pointers.....

My paralegal certificate was about $2500(tuition for 9 months)....I did it a UCLA (extension program).

$1500 = not much money....hahahaha maybe for you but at this point that's a whole lot of paper for me. LOL (this LS process has let me dry in that dept but not bitter :)

Tony Montana

• Sr. Citizen
  • Strength and honor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1832 on: May 06, 2007, 10:41:22 AM »

HI-larious!

Hey, if you felt apprehension, you MAY have a case for assault.  That'll learn the trick not to mean mug ya  ;)

Just out of curiosity...Was she white?
Consuetudo pro lege servatur...Corruptisima re publica plurimae leges.

Paper Chaser

• Sr. Citizen
  • http://guinnessandchocolate.blogspot.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #1833 on: May 06, 2007, 07:27:33 PM »
Yes she was white.

Tony Montana

• Sr. Citizen
  • Strength and honor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1834 on: May 07, 2007, 08:49:29 AM »
Right, that's what I thought.
Consuetudo pro lege servatur...Corruptisima re publica plurimae leges.

7S

• Sr. Citizen
  • Self-determination.
    • View Profile
Howard's Waitlist
« Reply #1835 on: May 07, 2007, 12:35:21 PM »
is this where applications go to die? Does anyone have a good idea as to when people normally hear about their application status? Should I be sending more LORs and pictures of me with sad faces?
It is easy to change the language of oppression without changing the sociopolitical situation of its victims.

P.U.S.H

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Howard's Waitlist
« Reply #1836 on: May 07, 2007, 05:42:25 PM »
is this where applications go to die? Does anyone have a good idea as to when people normally hear about their application status? Should I be sending more LORs and pictures of me with sad faces?

I called and here's what I was told:

1. If the LOR was submitted to LSAC then Howard was notified by LSAC that another was available but only 2-3 are guaranteed to be reviewed. If you send any more, there's no guarantee they will review them. (My response: I sent my last one.)

2. If you haven't sent a continued letter of interest yet, send it via E-MAIL. I sent mine via snail mail in March and when I called, she said it would be difficult to track it down now as they are processing applications. (My response: Resent as attachment with thank you letter to admissions staff for their help.)

3. Failing all of those things, the only additional advice given was that I was free to reaffirm my interest in a position in the fall class by calling every 2 weeks or so (and if you call in the morning you get a message to call between 3-5pm). (My response: 1 more week til they get another call from moi! :P)

HTH
Everday I'm HUSL'in

P.U.S.H

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1837 on: May 08, 2007, 03:08:16 AM »
Just accepted to NCCU... man the decisions are getting rougher as the cycle continues :P

chydiva, did you visit the law school? I'm overseas and have no way of visiting before school starts, so I'm going to try and rush my paperwork, see what the financial aid dept is looking like and hopefully get some advice about the campuses ;) before I make a final decision.
Everday I'm HUSL'in

7S

• Sr. Citizen
  • Self-determination.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1838 on: May 08, 2007, 04:12:42 PM »
thanks P.U.S.H.
It is easy to change the language of oppression without changing the sociopolitical situation of its victims.

chocolatedlux56

• View Profile
« Reply #1839 on: May 08, 2007, 06:29:38 PM »
PUSH, I know the comment was directed at Chydiva, but I am also going to NCCU and have visited. The facilities are top notch and the law school was just expanded and remodeled 2 or 3 years ago.