Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: The Howard Law/HBCU Law Schools Thread  (Read 302226 times)

jsonlaw

• AOL Instant Messenger - blkattorney2be
    • View Profile
Re: Catholic or Howard
« Reply #90 on: April 27, 2005, 10:34:39 AM »
i guess howard would be different b/c its in the hood, and the school is black too. so you can't really do the whole racial profiling, pull over every black man you see type of thing.

I thought Howard was in NW DC "The White side"

faith2005

« Reply #91 on: April 27, 2005, 10:42:25 AM »
actually i should correct myself. howard's law school is in a different area than the undergrad campus. sorry mash1 and sankofa :) all of northwest isn't white, though it is gentrifying pretty fast.

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 27, 2005, 10:47:26 AM »
Howard University is located in NW DC.. there are different facets to the NW area.. HU's undergrad/dental/divinity/med/grad school are all located on the Georgia Ave NW strip which is mostly black populated..

Howard University School of Law is located in NW DC on Van Ness by the Embassy of Ghana & the Embassy of Ethiopia.. that area consists of mostly diplomats, whites and upper middle class minorities..

i guess howard would be different b/c its in the hood, and the school is black too. so you can't really do the whole racial profiling, pull over every black man you see type of thing.

I thought Howard was in NW DC "The White side"
We're not accepting this CHANGE UP in the rules. Period. American presidents have been in the bed with organized crime, corporate pilferers, and the like for years. And all u want to put on this man is that his pastor said "Gotdamn America?" Hell, America.U got off pretty damn well, if you ask me...

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 27, 2005, 10:48:13 AM »
agreed.. we were posting at the same time  ;)
actually i should correct myself. howard's law school is in a different area than the undergrad campus. sorry mash1 and sankofa :) all of northwest isn't white, though it is gentrifying pretty fast.
We're not accepting this CHANGE UP in the rules. Period. American presidents have been in the bed with organized crime, corporate pilferers, and the like for years. And all u want to put on this man is that his pastor said "Gotdamn America?" Hell, America.U got off pretty damn well, if you ask me...

Lawprofessor

• Sr. Citizen
  • Pony Up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 27, 2005, 11:20:43 AM »
Here is a harsh response.  If you cant make this decision how are you going to be a lawyer?  What is most important to you?  Where can you find that?  Go there!  See, it is easy.
Back in the saddle again.

jsonlaw

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 28, 2005, 01:33:18 AM »

No problem!

jsonlaw

• View Profile
Re: HBCU knowledge for the mis-informed
« Reply #96 on: April 28, 2005, 02:14:14 AM »
LOL there's a white student in the picture you posted ::)

I'm maaad late but im LMAO at the ignorance of some people!!

Made4law

• Sr. Citizen
  • "to boldly go, where no man has gone before"
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 28, 2005, 03:11:16 AM »
Very nice convo...Misinformed person comes to THE BLSD with biased and ignorant statements, gets a little spanking by the vets and educated in the process.  Nice ;) 
"Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy."

Abevigoda

• Sr. Citizen
  • You've been Kittled!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 28, 2005, 09:27:13 AM »
I thought I'd add my two cents.  Catholic is not a very diverse campus at all, despite being in a minority neighborhood.  At the admitted student's weekend in April, I was surprized at who white everyone was, I didn't see more than a handful of blacks or hispanics while I was there.
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=abevigoda

Catholic University of America
Columbus School of Law

A.J

« Reply #99 on: April 28, 2005, 10:24:16 AM »
Look people there have been all black schools in the past and today there are, in the very least, other all black institutions within higher education such as fraternaties.  Im not saying its right or wrong or even that it shouldnt be.  I just think someone needs to chime in every once in a while and remind people that these things can go both ways.

HTH