Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: The Howard Law/HBCU Law Schools Thread  (Read 299699 times)

Obama2

• Sr. Citizen
  • BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY, Detriot red cleaned up!!
    • View Profile
Re: The Howard Law/HBCU Law Schools Thread
« Reply #2300 on: January 15, 2009, 11:48:18 PM »
This is my first post...I am beginning my senior year.  I have a 2.8 and I am a finance major at Howard.

I have not taken the LSAT.  What are my chances of getting into law school?

What is the best study material for the LSAT?

Your GPA is horrible...

Your GPA is low however you still can get accepted to good law schools. How you may ask? LSAT. The LSAT is your best friend right now. I used to think GPA is crucial but now  I have navigated through the admission process for law schools, believe me law schools are "whores" when it comes to LSAT scores. Get a high score and they will forgive a lot lol. With that being said you should get your gpa as high as you can, study hard and get it up if ou can. This will let them know you are capable.

P.S oh yeah your personal statement is your other best friend from looking at your gpa. so you should spend a considerable amount of time on it.

That's a real tactless way to put it.

Feeling like Detriot Red cleaned up!!

LawDog3

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2301 on: January 26, 2009, 09:43:22 PM »
This is my first post...I am beginning my senior year.  I have a 2.8 and I am a finance major at Howard.

Your GPA is horrible...

Your GPA is low however you still can get accepted to good law schools. How you may ask? LSAT. The LSAT is your best friend right now. I used to think GPA is crucial but now  I have navigated through the admission process for law schools, believe me law schools are "whores" when it comes to LSAT scores. Get a high score and they will forgive a lot lol. With that being said you should get your gpa as high as you can, study hard and get it up if ou can. This will let them know you are capable.

P.S oh yeah your personal statement is your other best friend from looking at your gpa. so you should spend a considerable amount of time on it.

"Whores for the scores"...LMAO!  ;D

Obama2

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2302 on: January 27, 2009, 06:12:00 PM »

Your GPA is horrible...

"Whores for the scores"...LMAO!  ;D

I had to say it because it was so true lol, not that I am complaining.

Obama2

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2303 on: February 04, 2009, 03:00:09 AM »
I finally finished reading this thread, it was my goal to finish reading this thread from beginning to end since I am considering Howard as well..whewwwwwwwwww..yall be wylin in here but very informative lol

cui bono?

• Sr. Citizen
  • blah bliggetty blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #2304 on: February 11, 2009, 01:28:25 PM »
I finally finished reading this thread, it was my goal to finish reading this thread from beginning to end since I am considering Howard as well..whewwwwwwwwww..yall be wylin in here but very informative lol

LOL.  I aint heard ya'll "be wylin" in  quite some time.   ;) :D

next thing will be "NYC is the realest" or Howard law is the "illest"/ "dopest"  :D 

lemme stop. 
I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality...  I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word - -Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King

Patience_Virtue

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2305 on: February 12, 2009, 02:10:34 PM »
Yep... That really put me in check. My GPA is a measley 2.63. I took the LSAT, very little prep and received a 147. Major'd in Paralegal Studies Minor in Real Estate. I work as a paralegal at a Law Firm. Really interested in getting into law school this fall, but Im thinking maybe I should wait until June and re-take the LSAT and re-apply. What do you think? My LSDAS info is up and ready to go --- should I apply now, hope & pray for the best --- if I dont make it - try again after a better law score. Or just run from the anxiety -- take the test in June, do better & wait another year?

A.

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #2306 on: February 12, 2009, 06:33:04 PM »
Study (much) harder and retake.

Obama2

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2307 on: February 12, 2009, 06:41:05 PM »
Yep... That really put me in check. My GPA is a measley 2.63. I took the LSAT, very little prep and received a 147. Major'd in Paralegal Studies Minor in Real Estate. I work as a paralegal at a Law Firm. Really interested in getting into law school this fall, but Im thinking maybe I should wait until June and re-take the LSAT and re-apply. What do you think? My LSDAS info is up and ready to go --- should I apply now, hope & pray for the best --- if I dont make it - try again after a better law score. Or just run from the anxiety -- take the test in June, do better & wait another year?

yep I will def retake the lsat, especially if I only prepared very little before my previous test date. You should def prepare intenstively and retake the lsat..even tutuor/prep course if u can afford it. Anyways good luck with your decisions and wish you well.

Obama2

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2308 on: February 12, 2009, 06:45:54 PM »

next thing will be "NYC is the realest" or Howard law is the "illest"/ "dopest"  :D 

lemme stop. 

Cui bono, now you WYLIN lol and Howard is the dopest and illest, can u tell im a D.C boy yet? lol

cui bono?

• Sr. Citizen
  • blah bliggetty blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #2309 on: February 12, 2009, 09:06:03 PM »

lemme stop. 

Cui bono, now you WYLIN lol and Howard is the dopest and illest, can u tell im a D.C boy yet? lol

LOL! 
I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality...  I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word - -Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King