Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Scholarship $$$$ from Brooklyn  (Read 854 times)

Jgunnz

• Sr. Citizen
  • GPA: 3.64, LSAT: (156+166)/2
    • View Profile
    • Email
Scholarship $$$$ from Brooklyn
« on: March 10, 2005, 01:48:31 AM »
Received notice today that I've been awarded a Prince scholarship of $17,500 per year at Brooklyn Law, to keep the scholarship I have to maintain a cumulative rank that keeps me in the top 1/3 of my graduating class. The letter came snail mail to my permanent address. Those of you waiting to hear, I live in Staten Island so I'd probably be in the first mail wave, the rest are on their way!
Brooklyn Law Prince Scholar ($17.5K per year)

michaelduke

Re: Scholarship $$$$ from Brooklyn
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2005, 10:09:21 AM »
Received notice today that I've been awarded a Prince scholarship of $17,500 per year at Brooklyn Law, to keep the scholarship I have to maintain a cumulative rank that keeps me in the top 1/3 of my graduating class. The letter came snail mail to my permanent address. Those of you waiting to hear, I live in Staten Island so I'd probably be in the first mail wave, the rest are on their way!

Congratulations!!!! This is wonderful.  I think that is the highest amount offered by BLS. 

michaelduke

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2005, 10:10:40 AM »

And you were waitlisted in Cardozo? 

Jgunnz

• Sr. Citizen
  • GPA: 3.64, LSAT: (156+166)/2
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2005, 04:43:09 PM »
For whatever reason I struck a sour chord with Cardozo and GMU, could be they evaluated my app before my December score came through?? Ohh well.. with money from BLS I would have to get into a top 20 to consider going elsewhere.
Brooklyn Law Prince Scholar ($17.5K per year)

KareBear

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Kare516
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2005, 07:22:37 AM »
Congrats!

Also got the letter about the Prince Scholarship yesterday -- to my Ithaca address.

michaelduke

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2005, 11:16:41 AM »
Congrats!

Also got the letter about the Prince Scholarship yesterday -- to my Ithaca address.

Also congratulations.  Do you mind telling us your numbers.  I want to see if I have a chance of getting a scholarship myself. 

So are you attracted to BLS? 

michaelduke

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2005, 11:17:54 AM »
For whatever reason I struck a sour chord with Cardozo and GMU, could be they evaluated my app before my December score came through?? Ohh well.. not with money from BLS I would have to get into a top 20 to consider going elsewhere.

Cardozo is acting strangely--that is for sure. 

mschuell

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2005, 04:22:33 PM »
Received my notification today-  Carswell Scholarship of 15,000 a year, renewable, providing I remain in the top third of the class.

Still leaning towards Temple, but money is certainly starting to add in my decision.
3.35, 163

Attending: Seton Hall
Accepted:  Rutgers-Newark ($), Villanova, Brooklyn ($), Temple($),  American, Seton Hall($), Cardozo PT                      
Rejected: Fordham, GMU
Waitlisted:Pending:  None

ewrwalton

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2005, 03:04:02 AM »
I got the Carswell and was also waitlisted at Doza.

Groovyju

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2005, 11:35:52 AM »
When you guys received your acceptance packet..did you get a formal letter of admission?  All there was in my big envelope were those two folders about housing and financial aid and no letter.