Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: UF  (Read 1043 times)

racheles05

UF
« on: March 09, 2005, 06:51:03 PM »
I think somebody else mentioned that their rejection letter reads like a "hold" decision at first, but no, it's a rejection. I don't really care. I'm thinking about deferring for a year while I save up a little more money anyway.

Go 'Noles! ;D

thelawfool

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: UF
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2005, 12:40:21 AM »
canned by my alma mater.  canned by the school that paid for my undergrad tuition and gave me $300 a semester for books.  f*ck the LSAT.
FIU Class of 2009

vkschicago

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2005, 09:50:55 AM »
My numbers are almost identical only I have no military experience.  I will be expecting my rejection soon :(.

---------

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2005, 09:57:20 AM »
I think somebody else mentioned that their rejection letter reads like a "hold" decision at first, but no, it's a rejection. I don't really care. I'm thinking about deferring for a year while I save up a little more money anyway.

Go 'Noles! ;D

My LSAT is a whooping 2 points higher than yours and my GPA is much lower. Oh well,I bet I'm next. Gainesville blows anyway. :)

jax327

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2005, 09:59:21 AM »
Screw UF.  I wrote them a nice letter telling them about my February LSAT (which is higher than their 75th percentile) and I immediately got a curt response from that Theola Thornton person telling me that they don't take the February LSAT.  Gee... I don't know why being that it took them this long to review my application.

They were going to pay me to go to their undergrad and I chose not to go... and I still probably wouldn't go to their law school either.

vegannramember

• Sr. Citizen
  • going to fordham
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2005, 10:00:20 AM »

Go 'Noles! ;D
Gainesville blows anyway. :)

Sure does!  Are either of you guys in-state?  I was shocked when I saw the poster's numbers, since UF's meds are like 3.6/159...but they take something like 85% in state, so it makes a bit more sense.

---------

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2005, 10:37:56 AM »

Go 'Noles! ;D

Sure does!  Are either of you guys in-state?  I was shocked when I saw the poster's numbers, since UF's meds are like 3.6/159...but they take something like 85% in state, so it makes a bit more sense.

Hey,I remember you from lj Law_students and Gainesville. I use justreadingct.

I'm instate. I haven't been rejected-at least not yet. I expect to be though (my LSAC GPA was a 3.5ish and my LSAT was a 160). I freakin hate Gainesville though. The only reason I moved here is because of my fiancee(and MA's complete lack of public law schools).

vegannramember

• Sr. Citizen
  • going to fordham
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2005, 11:15:21 AM »

Go 'Noles! ;D

I'm instate. I haven't been rejected-at least not yet. I expect to be though (my LSAC GPA was a 3.5ish and my LSAT was a 160). I freakin hate Gainesville though. The only reason I moved here is because of my fiancee(and MA's complete lack of public law schools).

Haha, small internet.

My LSAT's a point higher and my LSAC gpa is close to yours.  I'm expecting either a rejection or a deferral to their AWESOME Spring class.  I hate it here, too.  A lot. So badly that if I can't sublease my apt in May, I'm just going to shut all my utilities off and eat the cost of rent to move home over the summer.  How long have you been complete?  I want a decision so that if they reject me I can walk around bitter for the last two months of classes :)

---------

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2005, 11:25:24 AM »

Go 'Noles! ;D

Haha, small internet.

My LSAT's a point higher and my LSAC gpa is close to yours.  I'm expecting either a rejection or a deferral to their AWESOME Spring class.  I hate it here, too.  A lot. So badly that if I can't sublease my apt in May, I'm just going to shut all my utilities off and eat the cost of rent to move home over the summer.  How long have you been complete?  I want a decision so that if they reject me I can walk around bitter for the last two months of classes :)

I've been complete since December.I applied in October. Criser lost my my check twice.

I'm expecting a rejection or a spot on the waitlist.The only thing other thing I have going for me is somewhat unusual research experience and 2 and a half years of work experience(community organizing,super-PC stuff).

As much as I f-ing hate this hick town(sorry Gator lovers), I might be tempted to go if I'm accepted. My fiance has an excellent $$$ deal and I could live with him for free.

Are you going to Fordham? My uncle went there for undergrad. It's not a bad area and you don't even need a car.

vegannramember

• Sr. Citizen
  • going to fordham
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2005, 12:00:34 PM »

Go 'Noles! ;D

Haha, small internet.

I've been complete since December.I applied in October. Criser lost my my check twice.

I'm expecting a rejection or a spot on the waitlist.The only thing other thing I have going for me is somewhat unusual research experience and 2 and a half years of work experience(community organizing,super-PC stuff).

As much as I f-ing hate this hick town(sorry Gator lovers), I might be tempted to go if I'm accepted. My fiance has an excellent $$$ deal and I could live with him for free.

Are you going to Fordham? My uncle went there for undergrad. It's not a bad area and you don't even need a car.

You definitely can't beat the price.

And by the time you'd be attending, they probably will have moved the library out of the old Publix and into the new facility :).

Yeah, definitely.  I'm very excited to sell my car and not have an insurance payment  ;D