Law School Discussion

In at Akron

In at Akron
« on: March 09, 2005, 03:47:32 PM »
Got the phone call today...$6,000 a year.  Anyone have any info about this school?

Xony

• AOL Instant Messenger - jimaxony
    • View Profile
Re: In at Akron
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2005, 03:50:01 PM »
don't know anything about it.. but congrats!  $6K is nice!!!

akito117

• "Do you want some sandwiches?"
    • AOL Instant Messenger - akito117
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2005, 04:05:04 PM »
Congrats!  The only thing I know about Akron is that they were awareded "Best In Value" for their tuition.

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2005, 06:28:30 PM »
Got the phone call today...$6,000 and year.  Anyone have any info about this school?

What's wierd, Blake, is that I'd like to attend Akron.  Look at the schools to which you've been denied, and I've been accepted, or waitlisted.  It's really a goofy admissions year.

LaneSwerver

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2005, 07:04:54 PM »
Congrats! Throws another wrench into your plans, but in a good way!

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2005, 07:10:38 PM »
I know it sounds odd..but I was looking at information about Akron and it seems to be fixing a  lot of my problems.  I can come out making decent money, I would be able to get in-state tuition after the first year, with scholarship money.  It is making me feel a little less stressed. 
I still can't believe I even got in.  I mean, I know why I was given the extra look, but it is still a shock.  I only had a 3% chance according to Chiashu.

LaneSwerver

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2005, 07:11:37 PM »
Take it. Don't question it.

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2005, 07:06:56 AM »
Yeah, I mean I know I only got a second look at my app because I am Hispanic, I'm not even gonna try and say that it wasn't because of that.  I'm baffled at the admissions process.  The thing that makes me super confused is index numbers.  Like, everyone that got admitted to akron has a high LSAT, but my index is the same as some of the other admitted students...even though I have the lowest LSAT.

Most school indexes take your GPA into account. If your GPA was higher than people with more impressive LSATs that could explain it.

But who cares? :-) You're in! Congrads!