Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: HOW MUCH LONGER???  (Read 462 times)

Going_Crazy

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - powdercarvr
    • View Profile
    • Email
HOW MUCH LONGER???
« on: March 09, 2005, 05:17:54 PM »
I just wanted to start this thread for any advice, or complaints concerning the never-ending wait these schools put us through. Personally out of 18 apps I still have 10 responses outstanding, and conveniently that encompasses my top 4 choices...

Bahamut

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: HOW MUCH LONGER???
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2005, 05:25:41 PM »
You just have to stay cool. I applied to ten schools, withdrew from one, and have been accepted at three. I'm still waiting to hear from six of them, and like you, one of them is my top choice.

I can't help stressing myself, but I also remind myself that I still got in to law school, and everything will work out.
SMU Fall '05

Going_Crazy

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - powdercarvr
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2005, 05:29:51 PM »
True, very true. I am not really stressing. Dont get me wrong i was def. stressing before the few acceptances came in. Especially considering the first 3 letters I recieved were dings. One from Quinnipiac where my numbers were perfect. BUt now I must just be selfish, i want to be able to say, this is where i am going...

JodiG3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2005, 10:10:46 AM »
I am totally stressing right now....I sent out 9 applications, got 7 decisions back by the first week of February.  Ironically, the final 2 I am waiting for will determine where I live the next 3 years:  my first choice in Boston and my first choice in NYC.  They're the big decision makers! 
Going to St Johns!

rick8481

• Sr. Citizen
  • I'm In!!!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2005, 11:13:17 AM »
I go through cycles.  I stress about it until I check the mail box or know the adcoms have left their office for the day.  My only real stress is cost.  I just don't know if I can afford private schools.  My top choice are top choices b/c of one thing, $$$.  So the stress I experience about law school revolves money like all the other stress in my life.
3.1  157
Accepted: Mercer, Stetson, Florida Coastal w/ $$$
A**holes: Georgia State 
Wait Listed: UGA,
Hold:  FSU

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=rick8481

jamiejamie

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2005, 11:50:53 AM »
I guess a lot of us get in to our safety schools early on, and then end up waiting for our top choices, because generally our top choices won't be auto-admit, they'll probably be a close call!

I'm waiting on Davis, Hastings, Emory, and Georgia.

I'm in at USD, Lewis and Clark, Loyola Chicago, USF

So it seems clear that the best schools are still leaving me hanging!

RobinHood

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2005, 12:25:19 PM »
I agree that this is getting mind-bogglingly painful....I'd really like to hear something else soon...
Ready or not...
Here I Come: Tulane (w/$$)/SMU (w/$$)/American/Georgetown
Still Hiding: GW/Vandy
Can't Find: UVA/UT
Go Home:AU/GMU