Law School Discussion

In at UNC !!!!!

CoupDeGlace

• Les Canadiens sont l!
    • View Profile
Re: In at UNC !!!!!
« Reply #50 on: March 21, 2008, 02:50:32 PM »
I just got another email from UNC telling me my file is still under review. Did everyone (who is still under review) get this?

I didn't get one today but I have gotten them periodically (I think I got the last one about two weeks ago). The ones I got always had some kinda rude thing about refraining from calling their office too... either way I hope this means my decision is on the way, I want to wrap this cycle up already!!!

Yeah, thats the email I'm talking about. This is my second one. They are really adamant about us not bothering them, lol.

Wait... does the email say you're still under review, or does the email say you're complete. Because the email they sent out around February 29 was telling everyone their application remained "complete" and ready for review.

In any case, I didn't get an email this time around, so I do wonder what that means.

« Reply #51 on: March 21, 2008, 04:36:37 PM »
I just got another email from UNC telling me my file is still under review. Did everyone (who is still under review) get this?

I didn't get one today but I have gotten them periodically (I think I got the last one about two weeks ago). The ones I got always had some kinda rude thing about refraining from calling their office too... either way I hope this means my decision is on the way, I want to wrap this cycle up already!!!

Yeah, thats the email I'm talking about. This is my second one. They are really adamant about us not bothering them, lol.

Wait... does the email say you're still under review, or does the email say you're complete. Because the email they sent out around February 29 was telling everyone their application remained "complete" and ready for review.

In any case, I didn't get an email this time around, so I do wonder what that means.

oops. yeah thats what I meant. heres the text of the email...I'm sure its the same for you.

Greetings from the University of North Carolina School of Law. At this time, we would like to remind you that your application remains complete and ready for review. Generally speaking, review takes place between November and May, and decisions are mailed as they are made. The Admissions Committee does not necessarily review applications in the order that they were received, though applying early does mean that your application is eligible for review when more seats are available, thus making your application more competitive.

We understand that you are anxious to receive a decision from us, but we ask that you refrain from contacting the Office of Admissions to inquire about the status of your application, as we cannot disclose further details. Please keep in mind that the application review process is a time-consuming task. The Admissions Committee reviews each file and gives every applicant thorough consideration. We are working diligently to ensure the integrity of our admissions process and are committed to fair consideration for all of our applicants. We appreciate your patience and will notify you, in writing, as soon as a decision is made. All decisions will be made by May 1, 2008.

CoupDeGlace

• Les Canadiens sont l!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 21, 2008, 05:53:58 PM »
Yep, that's the same one I got on 02/29. I didn't get anything from them though this time, so I guess it's safe to assume I'm either in review or they already decided on me? Regardless, it's just good to figure that my app has finally seen the light of day at UNC.

« Reply #53 on: March 31, 2008, 12:05:47 AM »
How hard is it to get in-state in NC? I got into UNC last week but I haven't heard from them regarding any $ so just wanted to know if anyone had any experience with this?

« Reply #54 on: April 03, 2008, 11:04:02 AM »
a bit late probably, but I am in grad school at UNC and you need to have lived in NC for a year to get residency.  that's pretty much it though, so for 2L and 3L you should be in good shape.

it's not automatic however, so it would help your cause to get an NC drivers license, register to vote here, register your car and insurance here, and maybe even buy property if possible.