Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: In at UNC !!!!!  (Read 7791 times)

birdysails

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: In at UNC !!!!!
« Reply #40 on: March 22, 2005, 10:19:08 AM »
Birdy -- still no word?

What's your latest?

still no word.  losing my mind.  visited emory and liked it but wasn't sold.  loved wake but hated the winston-salem area.  still waiting to hear from W&M and UNC (expecting W&M first).  If I don't get into either I guess it's going to be a GW/Emory decision but I just hope that isn't the case...
Going to William & Mary!

cologirl73

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 22, 2005, 12:10:24 PM »
Seat Deposit for students admitted earlier (up until ???) is April 1.  There's a secondary deadline for "later" admitted students which I believe is April 15.

Have you been admitted?

No-agonizingly I've been waitlisted.  Thus the curiousity over the deposit dates...

HURLEY- L.S.D.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 25, 2005, 06:06:24 AM »
I met with the Dean of Admissions (or acting dean or whatever his title is) last week when I was visiting UNC and he told me that letters that went out last week would have an April 1st seat deposit deadline and letters that went out this week or later would have an April 15th deadline.  They're incredibly incompetent from what I can tell...

Was he a tall african-american guy? [Dean States?]  If so, I met that guy at a law-school forum last year.  He was a total dickhead.

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 25, 2005, 09:16:01 AM »
birdy - did you talk to career services while at Emory?  If you didn't, I highly recommend that you give them a call and have a chat with one.  I didn't anticipate it, but when eva introduced me to someone in there, it became a big deal maker for me.  I was very impressed.  I liked the school to begin with, but that was just icing on the cake.

BigOleBlue

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 20, 2008, 05:46:03 PM »
I met with the Dean of Admissions (or acting dean or whatever his title is) last week when I was visiting UNC and he told me that letters that went out last week would have an April 1st seat deposit deadline and letters that went out this week or later would have an April 15th deadline.  They're incredibly incompetent from what I can tell...

Was he a tall african-american guy? [Dean States?]  If so, I met that guy at a law-school forum last year.  He was a total dickhead.

Holy crap!!! I met that guy at a law school forum too, and he was an utter prick! I thought it was just me, since I saw him giving some cute brunette the full dose of Southern hospitality.

stinabee

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 20, 2008, 08:26:19 PM »
I just got another email from UNC telling me my file is still under review. Did everyone (who is still under review) get this?

limegreen

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 20, 2008, 08:43:48 PM »
I didn't.  What does that mean for me?  Maybe my decision is on the way?

Pixies

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 20, 2008, 08:49:08 PM »
I just got another email from UNC telling me my file is still under review. Did everyone (who is still under review) get this?

I didn't get one today but I have gotten them periodically (I think I got the last one about two weeks ago). The ones I got always had some kinda rude thing about refraining from calling their office too... either way I hope this means my decision is on the way, I want to wrap this cycle up already!!!

stinabee

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 20, 2008, 10:25:28 PM »

I didn't get one today but I have gotten them periodically (I think I got the last one about two weeks ago). The ones I got always had some kinda rude thing about refraining from calling their office too... either way I hope this means my decision is on the way, I want to wrap this cycle up already!!!

Yeah, thats the email I'm talking about. This is my second one. They are really adamant about us not bothering them, lol.

mrcooley

• AOL Instant Messenger - Future+Big+Deal
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 21, 2008, 02:35:29 AM »
Congrats to everyone in at UNC. I would give my soul to go there... my application has been complete since before Christmas and still nothing, so I'm probably 100% on the waitlist.
In: Catholic, Charlotte, Charleston, Suffolk, Hamline
Waitlist: Pitt, Penn State, Buffalo
Out: American, Seton Hall
Waiting for: UNC, South Carolina, Missouri, Quinnipiac, Drexel