Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: In at UNC !!!!!  (Read 7932 times)

BIG H2001

• UNC 1L
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: In at UNC !!!!!
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2005, 02:15:11 AM »
This thread should not turn political I was hoping to take it off that track.  For the record though, Bowles ran a nasty campaign as well.  They both flung sh*t back and forth at each other for months.  Both are scum in my opinion.

Yes, Carolina will win it all this year.

BroncoWrestling

• Music Midtown makes me do stupid things
    • View Profile
    • LSN
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2005, 07:13:28 AM »
ok, let's bring this back to UNC for a moment.  Fireplace got an acceptance letter ... how about everyone else?  Think they will come today?  Anyone heard about scholarships?  Who is going for sure?  (or almost certain)
Accepted:  GWU (10k/yr), GMU, W&M (10k + 4k / yr), Emory, UGA, UF, UNC, U of Ariz.
Deferred:  UVA
Pending:  Harvard, Stanford, Duke

fireplace

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2005, 08:41:02 AM »
Yeah I was wondering if this thread had been entirely hijacked!

I live close to Chapel Hill so my letter got here fast.  Hopefully that means others are "in the mail." 

Obviously they've been pushing their expected decisions dates back but I think one friend said she was told to expect something by thr 15th or so.

birdysails

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2005, 12:22:30 PM »
Just called Chapel Hill and gave them the sob story: coming down south to look @ schools won't have access to the mail, etc. until Tuesday, has a decision been made on my application?  The response: no decision, there is 1 man reading 4,000 applications so when he reads it he reads it.  Glorious.  I hate UNC.
Going to William & Mary!

burghblast

• Sr. Citizen
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - tforsean
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2005, 12:27:02 PM »
Just called Chapel Hill and gave them the sob story: coming down south to look @ schools won't have access to the mail, etc. until Tuesday, has a decision been made on my application?  The response: no decision, there is 1 man reading 4,000 applications so when he reads it he reads it.  Glorious.  I hate UNC.

One man reading 4,000 applications?  To quote John McEnroe:

YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS!

I'd like to believe my $70 app fee buys my application at least 30 collective minutes of review, regardless of how many people it's split between.  With 4,000 applications that amounts to 2,000 man hours.  So their single-person ad comm should be done around this time next year. 

They must be leaving something out.  No way one person could shoulder the burden of 4,000 applications and make any sort of qualified decisions.

fireplace

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2005, 01:06:02 PM »
Birdy --

What number did you call? If you call the number on the front page, that is worthless -- you get the worthless receptionists.  Did he/she transfer yo to the admissions office, b/c the are much nicer and seem to give a lot better information. 

Sorry for the sour experience. Are you coming to the area anyways to see other schools?

stash33

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2005, 02:08:29 PM »
ok, let's bring this back to UNC for a moment.  Fireplace got an acceptance letter ... how about everyone else?  Think they will come today?  Anyone heard about scholarships?  Who is going for sure?  (or almost certain)

Unless UCLA blesses me with an acceptance in the next couple of weeks, I will be relocating from Southern California to Chapel Hill in May, so that I can familiarize myself with the area prior to the start of fall classes. 

Who else is seriously considering?

PBJChickTunaSndwch

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2005, 03:43:13 PM »
Ill be on the hill.

smacky

• Headed to Blue Heaven!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2005, 03:50:42 PM »
Me too.  I'll be there tomorrow for the open house as well.

PBJChickTunaSndwch

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2005, 04:19:02 PM »
Me too.  I'll be there tomorrow for the open house as well.

any idea on apartments, cost, etc?   Actually, this question is for all.