Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Penn Admitted Students Weekend  (Read 800 times)

towanda03

• Sr. Citizen
  • And so it goes...
    • AOL Instant Messenger - ilackoriginality
    • View Profile
    • Email
Penn Admitted Students Weekend
« on: March 09, 2005, 12:43:23 PM »
Sorry if there's already a thread for this, I couldn't find one...

Who's going?  I'm really excited... I haven't been to Philadelphia since I was very small, so I'm anxious to check out the city, see the campus, etc.  Very curious about this Penn "collegial" vibe that gets touted so much.

For Philadelphites (Philadelphians?  Phillies?), any place I should be sure to check out?  I'm definitely going to try to make it out to various neighborhoods to see the areas in which I might consider living... anywhere else?

mattb23

Re: Penn Admitted Students Weekend
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2005, 01:39:25 PM »
I'm looking forward to it as well. In terms of where you'll likely live, if you're not gonna have on-campus housing, you'll want to check out University City and Center City. In general, you'll almost certainly live downtown from the Penn campus as opposed to anywhere uptown past 42nd street (where the area turns slightly dodgy, but that's vastly overblown). If you're looking to see the sites, there's lots of history (liberty bell, rocky steps, stuff like that) all over the place.

mark1982

• AOL Instant Messenger - marksgmnd
    • View Profile
    • law school numbers
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2005, 03:56:30 PM »
I'm coming too. What I want to do is spend a lot of my time trying to see if I would really be ok living in Philly for 3 years, since location is a major factor for me in deciding where to go to law school.  I love the school from what I've heard but my only reservation is the location.

mattb23

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2005, 04:13:33 PM »
I'm coming too. What I want to do is spend a lot of my time trying to see if I would really be ok living in Philly for 3 years, since location is a major factor for me in deciding where to go to law school.  I love the school from what I've heard but my only reservation is the location.

I spent four years in Philly, so feel free to let me know if you have specific questions/concerns about the area. But, of course, seeing it for yourself will be the best thing. I bet you'll come away impressed.

towanda03

• Sr. Citizen
  • And so it goes...
    • AOL Instant Messenger - ilackoriginality
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2005, 08:36:28 PM »
I'm looking forward to it as well. In terms of where you'll likely live, if you're not gonna have on-campus housing, you'll want to check out University City and Center City. In general, you'll almost certainly live downtown from the Penn campus as opposed to anywhere uptown past 42nd street (where the area turns slightly dodgy, but that's vastly overblown). If you're looking to see the sites, there's lots of history (liberty bell, rocky steps, stuff like that) all over the place.

Hey, thanks for the info.  I have a cat, so I can't live in the on-campus housing.  Commuting it is... :)

mattb23

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2005, 08:38:56 PM »

Hey, thanks for the info.  I have a cat, so I can't live in the on-campus housing.  Commuting it is... :)

My pleasure, maybe I'll run into you at some of the events.