Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: 10 Point Jump on LSAT. Revised Chances for this Fall?!  (Read 1474 times)

CamJansen

• View Profile
10 Point Jump on LSAT. Revised Chances for this Fall?!
« on: March 08, 2005, 09:02:24 PM »
I just got my February LSAT score back and I managed to jump up from a 155 to a 165.
Surely this should improve my chances at the schools I sent my applications into for this Fall.
What do you guys think? Thanks.
Take a look at my law school numbers profile and tell me how you think certain schools will react. I know they all have different policies... Word. Peace.

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=CamJansen

YankyKitten

Re: 10 Point Jump on LSAT. Revised Chances for this Fall?!
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2005, 09:13:52 PM »
Apply to schools that look at the higher LSAT, like Cornell and Penn.  You have a shot at both of them with the 165!  Way to go!

BAFF213

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2005, 09:29:13 PM »
You're my idol - I got a 155 in October and I'm studying now so that I can retake in June.  Any tips?

I just got my February LSAT score back and I managed to jump up from a 155 to a 165.
Surely this should improve my chances at the schools I sent my applications into for this Fall.
Take a look at my law school numbers profile and tell me how you think certain schools will react. I know they all have different policies... Word. Peace.

CamJansen

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2005, 12:52:40 AM »
I'll definitely look in to applying to a few more schools that accept the higher scores, but I'm guessing most of them have already filled their classes full by now. I probably have kind of slim chances even though the official deadline is March 15th for some of them, right? Whatever, I'll give it a shot.
Also, I wrote one of the schools that rejected me without waiting for the new score and convinced them to reconsider my application. I feel like I'm on one of those reality shows where you get a makeover and people treat you differently cuz you're super-duper hot and have nice jeans all of a sudden.
As for the dude who referred to me as his idol and asked for advice: Wow. Thanks! I once said those same words to Carrot Top when I saw him in a bar at a ski resort. I said it sarcastically, but he thought I was serious... which made the whole thing very funny. I forget his advice.
My advice to anybody trying to improve by 10 points on the LSAT is this: pretend like studying is fun. Seriously. I woke up every morning for 4 weeks and did logic games with my cereal and acted like they were crossword puzzles. After 10 days, I started timing myself. I did 3 sections a morning timed, and 2 in the afternoon. Do a test a day for the last 10 days before the LSAT. It'll be so familiar that you'll do just fine.
And if that doesn't work, give Carrot Top a call. He's always got advice.

akl

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2005, 01:22:00 AM »
you might want to think of reapplying for next year. Keep in mind that it seems you applied really really late, which means most of these top schools will have a near full class by the time they get to your app. If you apply next year you will get money at the schools you get into on this round, and you will get into some of the schools you get rejected by this year. Good luck
3.5/169

Jackson Smith

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2005, 01:27:55 AM »

I think you should take a year off.
3.5/160
In: UK($$), UArkansas($$), UPitt, UAkron($$)
Out: UDub, ND
Pending: Too many to list

CamJansen

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2005, 01:45:22 AM »
a year off? hmm.. i have no idea what i would do. i worked on the 2004 election and i haven't really had much to do since then. lately i've been working at a bakery, delivering subpoenas, and occasionally getting paid to walk around Georgetown in a bunny rabbit costume.
i really would like to go to law school next year.
i'm hoping i can convince a school or two to let me in...

CamJansen

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2005, 02:05:08 AM »
I'm gonna apply to UNC and George Mason tomorrow.. I might throw in a little UPenn and Georgetown, but I think that might be getting ahead of myself.

AllisonAzee

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - AllisonAzee
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2005, 02:15:48 AM »
I'd take a year off in a hearbeat and reapply.  Get some more work experience and you'll be in a totally different league.  My story is slightly different from yours, I got rejected of waitlisted (and eventually rejected) everywhere last year.  I could have gone to really really TTT with rolling admission possibly, but decided against it.  This year not much has changed (I retook the LSAT and went up 1 point woohoo!) and I've gotten into everywhere except my 1st choice (screw you Hastings, ok I did get deferred two places, but I didn't want to go there anyway).  I say reapply next year and apply to a TON of schools, schools view, weigh, etc multiple LSAT tons of different ways and I'm guessing a lot of what they actually weigh they don't make public.  I think you'll be way happier in the long run and impressed where you eventually get in, I was thrilled.
Time to commit: American
They like me: American, Loyola, Santa Clara, U of OR, U of Hawaii
They love me ($):Pepperdine, U of SF, Northeastern, Seattle, Lewis and Clark
Aren't ready to commit: U of Wisconsin, U of Maryland
B@stards won't return my calls: U of San Diego
F#ckers: Hastings