Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: GULC accepted me for next year...?  (Read 1270 times)

jimmyp

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3.57/176
    • View Profile
    • Email
GULC accepted me for next year...?
« on: March 08, 2005, 05:46:06 PM »
My online status check went from Complete to Unavailable last thursday.  Today I got an acceptance from GULC for the class of 2009, entering in the Fall of 2006.  After hearing from USC's scholarship committee yesterday ($0) and this weirdness today, I am guessing that my PS or LORs really sucked.

Bluenine

• Sr. Citizen
  • Shut up
    • View Profile
Re: GULC accepted me for next year...?
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2005, 05:50:19 PM »
Someone else posted about being accepted for next year as well.  I wonder if they're finished accepting people for this year... ???
The George Washington University Law School c/o 2008

hocuspocus

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2005, 09:39:48 AM »
Someone else posted about being accepted for next year as well.  I wonder if they're finished accepting people for this year... ???

That was me.  I'm in the same boat.  It's really quite odd.  You have numbers that should get you into Georgetown no sweat and have gotten into several schools that are as good or better than G-town.  My numbers are well above the averages for my college's stats on their admittees to Georgetown.  I'm thinking it's a form of yield protection.

dave303

• Sr. Citizen
  • La plus belle pour aller danser
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2005, 10:16:36 AM »
I wonder if you could start 1L at a different school and then go into georgetown in 06.

SuicideNixon

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2005, 11:03:51 AM »
My online status check went from Complete to Unavailable last thursday. Today I got an acceptance from GULC for the class of 2009, entering in the Fall of 2006. After hearing from USC's scholarship committee yesterday ($0) and this weirdness today, I am guessing that my PS or LORs really sucked.

whatever, don't worry. enjoy your impending harvard acceptance
When a President does it, that means that it is not illegal. -Richard Nixon

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=SuicideNixon

SuicideNixon

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2005, 11:06:09 AM »
by the way, if you want to go to GULC for class of 2008, I bet all you need to do is call the school or send them a letter telling them how much you want to go there. anton also got this letter. anton = 178/3.9+ from swarthmore, which is probably the most impressive combination i've seen on this board.
When a President does it, that means that it is not illegal. -Richard Nixon

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=SuicideNixon

Lucy_Law

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2005, 12:45:57 PM »
I too was just accepted for Fall '06...is anyone actually considering this?
GULC '08

george of the playground

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2005, 05:45:51 PM »

I just got the same letter today.  I don't think there's much chance that I'd put off law school for another year; even if I were to do so, I'd take Northwestern's offer instead.
4.0/173

in: harvard

Kerensky

• View Profile
    • LSN data for Kerensky
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2005, 04:07:53 AM »

I went unavailable a few days ago on the status check and have been wondering what's up... I'm betting this is what they'll do with me as well.  Assuming it is, I don't know whether I'll be happy, upset, or just bewildered when the acceptance(?) arrives.  Were I single I'd actually consider postponing for a year and use the delay as a chance to enjoy life after college, but since I'm engaged this really just equates to being rejected, as I can't justify asking my fiance to put our plans on hold so I can go to a fancier school.

Bummer,
Kerensky

bruin

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • lsn profile
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2005, 04:10:08 AM »

I am not considering waiting a year.  I feel better now that I see you guys (ie superior candidates) got the same letters.  Dave303 has an interesting take on it though.  I wonder if Georgetown considered that.

Truth be told, I am not willing to go into debt for another education (I thought undergrad was overpriced even though I was in-state).  My goal was to get fat cash at some non-T14s - my top choice was USC and it was a real kick in the face when they offered nothing.  Now UCLA and GW are at the top of my list.

You got nothing from USC ??? Damn. They have been rather strange in their scholarship offers so far.
Attending UVa
Click below for more info
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=bruin04
Come on, I know you want to click me.