Law School Discussion

In at Tulane!

In at Tulane!
« on: March 08, 2005, 06:43:46 AM »
Got an e-mail yesterday with a link to the admitted students page!  The e-mail said scholarship info is on its way.  I am so excited, Tulane is probably my first choice at this point.  I can move back home, then have the option after graduation to move around the country or stay in New Orleans.  Anyone know where the largest markets for Tulane grads is?  It seems to be New Orleans, Houston, Atlanta, Cali, and NYC.

LaneSwerver

Re: In at Tulane!
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2005, 07:00:48 AM »
Got an e-mail yesterday with a link to the admitted students page!  The e-mail said scholarship info is on its way.  I am so excited, Tulane is probably my first choice at this point.  I can move back home, then have the option after graduation to move around the country or stay in New Orleans.  Anyone know where the largest markets for Tulane grads is?  It seems to be New Orleans, Houston, Atlanta, Cali, and NYC.

I can only speak to Houston, where there is certainly a market for Tulane JDs, but beware that you'll compete on par with South Texas grads (believe it or not) and slightly below against U of Houston.

kristay

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2005, 07:29:11 AM »
Congratulations! :D

soupnazi

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2005, 05:49:35 PM »
congrats,  what was the turnaround time on your app (sent, complete notice)

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2005, 08:27:37 PM »
I applied to Tulane around Jan 15th.  I recieved an email Feb 4th saying that my app was recieved and that they would be requesting my LSAC report.  I remember it took them about 3 weeks to request my LSAC from that Jan 15 date.  I am not sure when the file went complete exactly.

limonjello

• Not me as a kid, but me in 34 years
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2005, 09:03:55 PM »
That's good to hear.  I applied about the same time and the turnaround time has been brutal.  I mean, I understood during Mardi Gras season, but c'mon, this has to get done before Jazzfest!

Ket

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2005, 09:00:20 AM »
I got accepted the day before yesterday, as well. Sent my application the beginning of February and was complete since the end of February. Does anyone know if "also enclosed in your acceptance packet will be information about your scholarship" means that I have actually got a scholarship?

dal79

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2005, 02:57:26 PM »
I hate you... :'(

soupnazi

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2005, 03:46:08 PM »
seriously, I applied 1/31 and just went complete yesterday.  sometimes I think I'd be more sane withouth this board.