Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Law Schools in Southern California--which one?  (Read 3127 times)

TBoneUCLA

Re: Law Schools in Southern California--which one?
« Reply #40 on: March 11, 2005, 04:31:44 PM »
fwiw, i think bar passage rate is a bad way to gauge quality of LS, although it may help indicate the intelligence and work ethic of students. that's all.

LS doesn't prep you for the bar, you prep yourself with bar/bri etc-- stanford kids and cal western kids prepare the same way, just like yale kids and quinnipiac kids. if you study your butt off and you're smart, you'll pass. if you fail you really can't blame your profs. it isn't their job.

sorry for the rant, i just think that statistic gets too much attention.

here here

and besides, a % of yale students dont pass the bar, and a % of ghetto-ass univerity law school (G-AU) students DO pass, so passage doesnt really quantify quality of school.

in 2004 a higher % of hastings grads passed the bar than usc grads, but i think most people would pick usc over hastings...

Munkeysgrrl

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 11, 2005, 05:24:15 PM »
fwiw, i think bar passage rate is a bad way to gauge quality of LS, although it may help indicate the intelligence and work ethic of students. that's all.

LS doesn't prep you for the bar, you prep yourself with bar/bri etc-- stanford kids and cal western kids prepare the same way, just like yale kids and quinnipiac kids. if you study your butt off and you're smart, you'll pass. if you fail you really can't blame your profs. it isn't their job.

sorry for the rant, i just think that statistic gets too much attention.

here here

and besides, a % of yale students dont pass the bar, and a % of ghetto-ass univerity law school (G-AU) students DO pass, so passage doesnt really quantify quality of school.

in 2004 a higher % of hastings grads passed the bar than usc grads, but i think most people would pick usc over hastings...

Bump.

It is important also to look at how many students took the bar, etc.  Loyola had twice as many students taking the bar in July 2004 than did Pepperdine.  It is all relative. ;) 
Loyola LA Here I Come!!

jamiejamie

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: March 11, 2005, 06:33:28 PM »
What is "bump?"

'lit

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 11, 2005, 06:41:22 PM »
hey munkey!!!

TBoneUCLA

« Reply #44 on: March 11, 2005, 06:42:36 PM »
What is "bump?"

bump just means the poster wants this thread back at the top for people to see so they are "bumping" it to the front of the "latest posts" line

Who's Crowdaddy

• Sr. Citizen
  • Fuc% Y'all, I'm From Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 11, 2005, 07:00:44 PM »
What is "bump?"

bump just means the poster wants this thread back at the top for people to see so they are "bumping" it to the front of the "latest posts" line

I thought it was so that it would be saved to your unread post section so you can comeback to it later on.
I fought the Law and the Law won

I am the Law

TBoneUCLA

« Reply #46 on: March 11, 2005, 07:09:38 PM »
What is "bump?"

I thought it was so that it would be saved to your unread post section so you can comeback to it later on.

but i have seen people "bump" multiple times on one thread.
i dunno. i answer like i am the lsd king or something. i still dont know what "hth" means!

Who's Crowdaddy

• Sr. Citizen
  • Fuc% Y'all, I'm From Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 11, 2005, 07:22:35 PM »
What is "bump?"

but i have seen people "bump" multiple times on one thread.
i dunno. i answer like i am the lsd king or something. i still dont know what "hth" means!

Maybe you are right and they write tag when they just want it on their list.
I fought the Law and the Law won

I am the Law

gentoo

• Sr. Citizen
  • Are you talkin' to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 11, 2005, 08:34:21 PM »
"bump" is to bump the thread to the top of the list for more responses
"tag" is to mark the thread so it'll show up in unread posts
"hth" is "hope this helps"

hth! :)
Pending: Whittier (PT + FT)

AllisonAzee

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - AllisonAzee
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 11, 2005, 08:38:43 PM »
I really really need to get off these discussion boards I just move farther and farther away from a decision, now I'm back to considering Pepperdine.  From 3 to 4, damn, I'm supposed to be moving in the other direction.
Time to commit: American
They like me: American, Loyola, Santa Clara, U of OR, U of Hawaii
They love me ($):Pepperdine, U of SF, Northeastern, Seattle, Lewis and Clark
Aren't ready to commit: U of Wisconsin, U of Maryland
B@stards won't return my calls: U of San Diego
F#ckers: Hastings