Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: I'M A DADDY!!!!!!!  (Read 3733 times)

cutcut

• Sr. Citizen
  • I remember it as if it were a meal ago
    • View Profile
Re: I'M A DADDY!!!!!!!
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2005, 10:41:22 AM »
awesome! congratulations.
[insert clever quote here]
http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=cutcut

twarga1

« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2005, 11:28:08 AM »
I just popped in to say congrats, Tex.  Kids are the coolest!

maricutie

« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2005, 12:02:57 PM »
CONGRATS!!!

BigTex

« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2005, 12:30:19 PM »
Thanks again everybody. That's so very nice of yall.

I got poop all over my hands earlier. It didn't bother me in the slightest. That's crazy. I thought i'd get grossed out, but it's no big deal at all. Also, we were very careful and let Odin sleep in bed w/ us (he was a little fussy) and he peed all over me and mom (even w/ diaper ?!). It was great.

voce

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2005, 12:32:59 PM »
Congratulations, BigTex! This is such exciting news! I wish you all the best in making the transition into parenthood and then moving and then starting law school. It's a lot to handle all at once, but it sounds like you've got good support and a great start.

I also must echo others' admiration of your wife's achievement--8 pounds of baby with no pain meds is truly amazing.

Attending: Harvard!
Accepted and withdrawn:Georgetown, Penn, Cornell, NYU, Boalt Hall, Michigan, Minnesota, Northwestern, Boston College, Fordham, Columbia
Rejected: Stanford, Yale

Ambs

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2005, 12:35:19 PM »
I love it, your new dad stories are so much better than law school admissions stories. Keep them coming. My BF said to me this weekend that if I "accidentally" got preggers toward the end of law school that might be okay. I was like "eff that" but hearing your stories makes me realize I have to fit this in somewhere.

Yay for cool babies with names like Odin, he rocks!

photogrl

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2005, 12:39:22 PM »
Congratulations on your new baby!  You must be excited, so many wonderful changes this year. :) Good luck with everything!
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=stkit2theman

I am not permanent
And the only thing keeping me dry is where i am

SleepyGuyYawn

« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2005, 02:00:43 PM »
Wow, hearing you explain this is pretty interesting.  I mean, I've seen a lot of births on film (in a class I took as an undergrad I once saw about two and a half hours of births in one day -- all of them natural births).  But I find it so curious to hear a new father talk about his experience.

Anyhow, your wife must be a pretty incredible person. 

So, you're now married and have a child.  I suspect it's quite the interesting life experience. 

Congrats again!

SheLaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2005, 02:24:35 PM »
Just chiming in to say CONGRATS BigTex;D
It's the most wonderful time of the year!

LordofLight

« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2005, 02:37:52 PM »
Grats TEX! I was wondering where you were. I suppose your wife having a baby constitutes a good reason to leave LSD for a while...I suppose  :D

You will have challenges ahead of you, juggling law school with being a new father. I wish you luck.

And your stories of getting shat and peed upon are hilarious. You'd think babies would have more gratitude. But what do they do when they are born? Scream and pee and poo all over. 

Odin (a.k.a "little tex") was born at 2:16 a.m. on Sunday morning. He weighed 8 pounds even and was 21 inches long.

First off - my wife is an amazing woman. She's got even more strength in her than I ever knew (and i knew she had a lot!). NO EPIDURAL! NO PAIN MEDS! She was in such intense pain throughout labour, but especially in the last couple hours. I broke down crying I was so worried for her - I've never heard her scream like that or seen her face contorted in such pain. I didn't care about the birth plan anymore - I just wanted her pain to end. But she was determined to stay the course, and she did it.

I have nothing to complain about again - ever.