Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: I'M A DADDY!!!!!!!  (Read 3629 times)

BigTex

I'M A DADDY!!!!!!!
« on: March 07, 2005, 11:41:12 PM »
Odin (a.k.a "little tex") was born at 2:16 a.m. on Sunday morning. He weighed 8 pounds even and was 21 inches long.

First off - my wife is an amazing woman. She's got even more strength in her than I ever knew (and i knew she had a lot!). NO EPIDURAL! NO PAIN MEDS! She was in such intense pain throughout labour, but especially in the last couple hours. I broke down crying I was so worried for her - I've never heard her scream like that or seen her face contorted in such pain. I didn't care about the birth plan anymore - I just wanted her pain to end. But she was determined to stay the course, and she did it.

I have nothing to complain about again - ever.

HKrustofsky

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: I'M A DADDY!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2005, 11:43:19 PM »
Wow, congrats!!!  ;D

Javert

• Sr. Citizen
  • Time.
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Rov47
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of Sisyphus
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2005, 11:49:56 PM »
Congratulations BigTex! And Mrs. Tex is amazing! :).
Attending: U Texas

"The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination." -- Garak, "Improbable Cause", Deep Space Nine

Xony

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - jimaxony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2005, 11:51:37 PM »
BigTex, Congratulations to you both!!  This calls for a new avatar (hint hint.. we want to see littleTex)

soupnazi

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2005, 11:53:09 PM »
congrats and all the best for the new baby.

Regal_Muse

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2005, 11:55:27 PM »
Wow no pain meds or epidural for an 8lb baby?! GOod lord your wife is a tough cookie. She deserves your seat in law school LOL. Congrats!

IrishGuyJay

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2005, 12:00:50 AM »
congratulations!  love his name.  im glad you chose Odin over Beowulf  :P

Xony

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - jimaxony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2005, 12:03:33 AM »
Odin means One in Russian.  How did you pick this name?

BigTex

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2005, 12:04:36 AM »
Wow no pain meds or epidural for an 8lb baby?! GOod lord your wife is a tough cookie. She deserves your seat in law school LOL. Congrats!

Thanks Regal., and thanks everybody. I don't know how many fathers there are on this board who've been through delivery w/ mom. It's a crazy emotional experience. I thought i was going to be grossed out by all the blood and nakedness and strangers looking at my wife's private parts. But it's amazing how all of that just goes out the window. it just totally becomes irrelevant. none of that was the slightest concern - it's so hilarious now that i thought it would be.

Well, my mom is rocking Odin to sleep while my wife gets some much needed rest. I've slept about 3 hours in the last 48 hours but i'm still in high gear. But I'm gonna hit the hay now for an hour of shut-eye before the next feeding cycle begins.

BTW, Odin is very cute. Well, i mean, he's got my smash nose and my fat cheeks and my cro-magnon overhanging eybrows. So, he's the cutest ugly baby you ever did see!

Thanks again everyone!

DodgerLaw

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2005, 12:05:24 AM »
Congratulations, Big Tex!! You're going to be a great dad.