Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Albany Ding...BY EMAIL  (Read 3855 times)

WfPck05

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Albany Ding...BY EMAIL
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2005, 12:09:47 PM »
I got the AAMPLE notification as well, however I am only getting $1000 off so it will still cost over 2 grand plus the cost of books.  There is no way I can afford to pay that by April.  Is anyone considering doing the program?

I probably won't be able to do it either due to still being committed to completing my PhD. 

shadowcreeper

• Sr. Citizen
  • LSD Cheerleader
    • View Profile
    • law school hopeful
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2005, 12:13:23 PM »
I am contemplating it. Especially since my only other offer thus far is Vermont. Sure, I have a few nice Waitlists, but who knows if they will even pan out. This is really confusing for me because I think the class would be a good preperation for law school, one way or the other. But having to prove myself to a school is just crazy. They know we are good enough students or they would not have offered us a spot in the program. I think I might make the first deposit and then see what happens with the rest of the schools I am pending on (11). I should hear from them before the rest of the money is due. I would just hate to go through the program spend the money, and then get off the WL at one of my top choices. This is an interesting opportunity, but it kind of sucks just the same. At least the money towards the class goes towards tuition in the fall.
I can't pass up this oppurtunity to make myself absurd.
I can't pass up this oppurtunity to make myself be heard.
Nobody's gonna stand in my way.
Give it up son, I'm doin this my way.. Seether

http://lawschoolhopeful.blogspot.com/

WfPck05

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2005, 01:32:34 PM »
Shadow - Are you gonna be finished with your masters before the class starts?

leoladybug

« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2005, 02:43:41 PM »
I didn't realize the money goes toward your tuition.  That makes a huge difference for me however I have no idea how I am gonna come up with 2 grand.

WfPck05

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2005, 02:49:56 PM »
I didn't realize the money goes toward your tuition.  That makes a huge difference for me however I have no idea how I am gonna come up with 2 grand.

I didn't know it went to tuition either.  How did you find that out?

shadowcreeper

• Sr. Citizen
  • LSD Cheerleader
    • View Profile
    • law school hopeful
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2005, 03:14:34 PM »

I didn't know it went to tuition either. How did you find that out?

I apologize, I read the information on the website wrong. It does not say that it is credited towards tuition. Sorry if I got anyones hopes up.

Shadow - Are you gonna be finished with your masters before the class starts?

I asked my thesis advisor if I can move up my defense and comps, but she has not gotten back to me. If she says it is ok, I will have to work my ass off to get everything done before the class starts, but I would rather not have a ton of impending things to worry about.
I can't pass up this oppurtunity to make myself absurd.
I can't pass up this oppurtunity to make myself be heard.
Nobody's gonna stand in my way.
Give it up son, I'm doin this my way.. Seether

http://lawschoolhopeful.blogspot.com/

legalkitty

• Sr. Citizen
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2005, 04:22:20 PM »
I just got dinged by Albany through an EMAIL! They went on to say that they would offer me admission if I participated in 2 month program online for $250. WTF.

Wow, if you are really interested in the school, I would definitely do that. It isn't even going to set you back very much!! Compared to the $$ of your LS career, it's a drop in the bucket!

I am waiting on Widener figuring that they may offer me their TAP, and if they do and I don't get in elsewhere, I will definitely do it. Borrow the money, whatever, it's worth it!! ;)
Attending: Widener PA!!
http://www.aldf.org

burghblast

• Sr. Citizen
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - tforsean
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2005, 08:56:33 PM »
I just got dinged by Albany through an EMAIL! They went on to say that they would offer me admission if I participated in 2 month program online for $250. WTF.

You're mad about this?  I would kill to get an offer like that from Texas, Penn, or Michigan.  Pay the $250 and get in!

LaneSwerver

« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2005, 09:28:19 PM »

You're mad about this?  I would kill to get an offer like that from Texas, Penn, or Michigan.  Pay the $250 and get in!

Yeah, I would murder each and every one of you for this opportunity at Houston. In a heartbeat. With a frozen mackrel.

WfPck05

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2005, 10:02:18 PM »
Since Albany is currently a T3, I think some of us are surprised/upset that we have to pay to prove ourselves just for the chance of being admitted.  I am also still committed to another academic program for the same time period.