Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: For Blacks in Law School, Can Less Be More?  (Read 3414 times)

ED TAYLOR

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: For Blacks in Law School, Can Less Be More?
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2005, 05:38:29 AM »

MY DADS BLACK FRIEND DRIVES A BOWLING SHOE.
I GO TO HARVARD!!!111!!1

MY NAME IS JUAN!!!!

twarga

• Sr. Citizen
  • Must have cookie! Me like cookie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2005, 09:06:46 AM »
I'd say to my family member, "Thank you for sending me this article.  Obviously, it enraged you as much as it did me.  You even highlighted the most racist, inflamatory sections so I wouldn't miss them.  I guess you can see what kind of narrow-minded horse-sh*t I'm going to have to put up with for the next 3 years.  I'm lucky to have you on my side."

This way, you get your point across, and can still sit across from Aunt Ethel at Thanksgiving next year without any tension.

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=twarga

Attending:  Widener DE $$$
Accepted:  Rutgers-Camden, Villanova, Temple
Rejected:  Penn, Harvard

3.0 (3.82), 166

whostheguy

• Sr. Citizen
  • Staring contest, you and me..now
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2005, 01:46:32 PM »
Before becoming enraged, you should check out the literature on the subject. While its breadth is wide, it is worthwhile. Though you will have to cover, genetics, intelligence, and generally behavioral science it nevertheless allows you to see how sociological explanations in most cases are complete bunk and what empirical evidence states. As for your family member, I can't speak for him/her, but perhaps the intention was motivation? Like, "Show em what we can really do! Prove em wrong!" kind of inspiration.
LSAT 159 GPA: 3.825

From Nebraska

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2005, 08:24:49 PM »
I think that if you're close to this person you should just ask them what thier intentions were in sending you the article.  Making assumptions or judgements with out knowing the motivation behind the article might badly impact your relationship with this person.  I think you should wait until you are calm and approach him/her with an open mind. 
Yes, there are black people in Nebraska!

my ninja

« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2005, 12:34:55 PM »
Simple solution: don't list your race on your application. Therfore you'll be judged purely on merit, and will not have to worry about attending that's too dificult because you got special treatment.

BadAssOne

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2005, 01:07:20 PM »
Simple solution: Blacks shouldn't be allowed to go to law school b/c they never pass the bar anyway.

CheezWiz

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2005, 05:27:24 AM »
Simple solution: Blacks shouldn't be allowed to go to law school b/c they never pass the bar anyway.

Sweetie, I think ya forgot the to add the "hole" right before "one" in your name.

Others... I ended up writing exactly what I was thinking and my relatives said thay have a new found understanding of and respect for the person I am.  They never knew the activist side of me so I think it was refreshing for them to hear... let alone for me to say!

-=Thanks all=-

loudfarting

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2005, 07:31:05 PM »
Less is ALWAYS more!

srbin84

• Sr. Citizen
  • Vote Neifi for All-Star
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2005, 12:38:44 AM »
I'd say to my family member, "Thank you for sending me this article.  Obviously, it enraged you as much as it did me.  You even highlighted the most racist, inflamatory sections so I wouldn't miss them.  I guess you can see what kind of narrow-minded horse-sh*t I'm going to have to put up with for the next 3 years.  I'm lucky to have you on my side."

This way, you get your point across, and can still sit across from Aunt Ethel at Thanksgiving next year without any tension.

What is racist about those statistics.  Unless they are made up, I just don't understand how someone could call that racism.
www.wavelandavenue.net

Home of the hilarious and popular Baseball Tall Tales!!!

lucky7

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2005, 12:43:28 AM »
What seems racist is the highlighting of those specific statistics.