Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: anyone go to columbia admitted student weekend?  (Read 524 times)

V00Jeff

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
anyone go to columbia admitted student weekend?
« on: March 06, 2005, 02:37:30 PM »
How was it?
Attending: Columbia

jessievb

• View Profile
    • LSN
Re: anyone go to columbia admitted student weekend?
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2005, 06:48:58 PM »
I was really impressed with Columbia's admitted students weekend. I met tons of faculty and current students, and all the current students seemed down to earth and happy with their decision. They definitely didn't make it sound as cutthroat as I'd heard. Also, they give you a nice little tote bag and a book, Columbia's guide to New York City.
The food was great too, and the drinks were plentiful. I think they definitely had an advantage being the day before NYU, because I know a few of us were pretty hungover for that visit day!

Cringe

• View Profile
Re: anyone go to columbia admitted student weekend?
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2005, 07:23:59 PM »
Columbia was as impressive as you'd expect, the Dean who is very young was especially impressive and the facilities and profs are top notch of course. Still, I preferred the atmosphere of and around NYU. More a personal thing than anything else though I guess... I should add that the NYU buildings were also extremely nice, one renovated, the other new and their profs are, of course, also leaders in their fields. Columbia's faculty house did have better food than NYU's though in case that's a way to pick a school.