Law School Discussion

A BLACK WOMAN Wrote the Matix and Terminator Movies...

Regal_Muse

Re: A BLACK WOMAN Wrote the Matix and Terminator Movies...
« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2005, 11:35:54 AM »
Yeah..whatever you say   :-X.

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2005, 01:52:09 PM »
Slow down, girl.

What is something I would never say to Lexington?  :-*

Oh boy... she's going to be mad at me for this one...  ;)

Like I said, you clearly need a girlfriend bruh

zenbiddie

« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2005, 02:14:30 PM »
i heard an interview with her on miss jones in the a.m. on hot 97 (NY) a few months ago.  stewart considers herself a visionary who can see the future.  the interview was at least an hour or so, pretty interesting stuff and the first i had ever heard of the incident.  she said WB tried to settle with her first but one of the WB attorneys took her aside and told her she would be crazy to settle.  she said her law suit will be the largest award ever since the movies (matrix and terminator) grossed billions worldwide.  the FBI was initially skeptical of her claim but after verifying the facts were blown away by the obvious theft.  she said the FBI is still gathering intelligence so they can prosecute.  the court fees are exhorbitant but she says her other business ventures can cover the cost for now.  i imagine WB will try to bury her in paper and drag this out as long as possible (decades) until she runs out of money.  just my 2 cents.

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2005, 02:36:53 PM »
You're absolutely right.  In these situations, usually the big corporation outmuscles the little guy in court. However, if they're at trial then they've made it past the discovery phase of the litigation, so whatever paperwork WB was supposed to fork over they've done it already unless more new stuff comes up.

I know the Wachowski's are sweating bullets.  That movie made maaaaaaaad loot, and if she wins, she will be entitled to a very large piece of that pie.

Statistic

• I never had a chance
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2005, 02:45:08 PM »
Slow down, girl.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=shtick

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 10, 2005, 02:50:13 PM »
Slow down, girl.

are you equating girlfriend with shtick?

Statistic

• I never had a chance
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 10, 2005, 02:52:10 PM »
Slow down, girl.

are you equating girlfriend with shtick?

No. I'm saying the stuff I say on here is shtick. I don't really say "My train of love" in real life. I'm joking.

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 10, 2005, 02:55:09 PM »
Tell that to the AdComms

Muse

• I heart Naomi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 24, 2005, 02:24:44 PM »
In late 2003, when Playahata.com first heard that somebody else outside of the Wachowski Brothers was claiming to have written the Matrix, many of us were not shocked at that accusation. We later learned that the women who claimed to have written the Matrix was a Black woman from New York that had a lot of experience as a writer and was once very connected in celebrity circles. Her name is Sophia Stewart.

It was ironic that information started to surface from community media outlets like Brother Jammal, Gary Byrd and on the web at www.Daghettotymz.com that pointed to Sofia Stewart as the "Mother Of The Matrix" just like in the Warner Brothers Sci-Fi Movie Trilogy.

When asking ourselves the question; "Why is the mainstream press suppressing this allegation since this story was not political" - at least not on the surface. Then it became quite clearer. Stewart was suing Warner Brothers. The parent company of Warner Brother is AOL-Time Warner. They have a lot of influence and control of media outlets directly and indirectly, which includes some of the largest Black Media outlets. Even on the web their tentacles stretch over to one of the most popular destinations for Blacks, Blackplanet.com. The suppression channels cover a lot of ground but thanks to vigorous reporters especially at the grassroots level the story started to surface in bits and pieces. After all this is the Matrix, a cult classic and the most copied, satirized and creatively influential movie in arguably the last two decades. The Matrix represents the second highest Grossing Trilogy behind Lord of The Rings. Simultaneously while Ms.Stewart was in court fighting for her case to be heard, the Matrix sequel hit theatres. The Matrix Reloaded (2003) was released and according to the Internet Movie Database became the 24 highest grossing movie of all time at $281,492,479. Combine that with domestic receipts of The Matrix (1999) and The Matrix Revolutions (2003) and the Matrix has grossed near a billion dollars domestically. Taking into account international box office receipts and merchandising and the Matrix movies surpass the billion dollar mark and may have no equal outside of Star Wars.

Tabulating what is at stake here is s no easy task since the story gets complicated by the fact that her court case also involves the blockbuster film, The Terminator. Before any of this could be sorted it out though, Ms. Stewart's case had to first reach the court system before it could all be worked out and thus On October 4th 2004 after a long behind the scenes battle, Judge Margaret Morrow of Central District of California made the decision to have the courts proceed with the biggest copyright infringement and racketeering case in movie history.

Its been a long time in coming considering that Stewart filed her case in 1999, after her shock at seeing the Matrix. Immediately she said she knew it was based on her original manuscript entitled the "The Third Eye," which has a copyright, which dates back to 1981.

This is Part 1 of the tale of Sophia Stewart vs. the Wachowski Brothers, Joel Silver and Warner Brothers.

In coming days expect to see more media appearances from Stewart including upcoming features in The Source Magazine and BET to name a few but here Bruce Banter discusses with Sofia primer questions introduced by Roporter on this Question of who wrote the Matrix?

Part I:  The Oracle Reveals.....