Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: university of pittsburgh  (Read 1506 times)

onepoint

• Sr. Citizen
  • three down.
    • AOL Instant Messenger - nikepr0be
    • View Profile
Re: university of pittsburgh
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2005, 04:13:21 PM »
i don't think an email or phone call to confirm that your app is being reviewed is out of line in this case.
post-3L

Whygohome

• Sr. Citizen
  • If you don't get into LS you can always work here.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2005, 04:57:53 PM »
Update I called Duquesne:

You know how we joke that sometimes it seems as though our apps were dropped behind the fax machine? Duquesne tells me yes sir we recieved your request on Jan 21, but for some reason we never requested your report. WTF!!!??? They say they'll go ahead and request it now.

Yeah maybe I should have called sooner but sh!t we all know LS admissions hate being called, goddammit this delay could cost me an acceptance. Thanks for the wake up call onepoint now please excuse me while I go bang my head against a wall.
Stats: 2.82(3.24) 152,157
Accepted: Widener, Mich St., Gonzaga
Denied: Seattle, IU-Indy, Pitt, Willamette, Case
WL: SIUC, UMKC
Pending: Duquesne, and Pacific.

onepoint

• Sr. Citizen
  • three down.
    • AOL Instant Messenger - nikepr0be
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2005, 02:41:49 AM »
woahhh well hey, at least you got things back on the right track ::)

i'm sorry to hear that, but honestly you have to look on the bright side.  at least you know the ball is rolling, and you should get a decision soon.  heck, maybe someone will pass along their "screw up" and shine a little extra consideration on your app.  the best of luck :)
post-3L

Haz

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2005, 02:56:01 AM »
I got a strange email from Pitt saying something along the lines of "we can't offer you a spot at this moment".. I believe I'm waitlisted, first one so far.

I honestly thought I was a shoe-in, and I was definitely not late with the application. I wouldn't be considering them anyway, but it makes me wonder what I royally screwed on my app.
Hello Wisconsin!

namaste

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2005, 05:35:23 PM »
I got a strange email from Pitt saying something along the lines of "we can't offer you a spot at this moment".. I believe I'm waitlisted, first one so far.

I honestly thought I was a shoe-in, and I was definitely not late with the application. I wouldn't be considering them anyway, but it makes me wonder what I royally screwed on my app.

That is such a joke!  I was waitlisted there as well.  We've both gotten in to far better schools.  I don't know, and I don't want to know, what's going on in their admissions office.

BobBucks

• AOL Instant Messenger - barbqsauce
    • View Profile
    • lsn profile
    • Email
Strange WL
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2005, 06:30:41 PM »
?

That is such a joke! I was waitlisted there as well. We've both gotten in to far better schools. I don't know, and I don't want to know, what's going on in their admissions office.

I was absolutely shocked to get the "waitlist" email. I was at 99.9% according to Chiashu. Two years ago, they accepted everybody with a 165 or better. My PS was the same one that got me into OSU, IU and UIUC.

Oh well, what can you do?
2.83 accounting (TOSU)
171 LSAT
Attending: NORTHWESTERN!!!!!