Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Logical section strategy  (Read 1718 times)

T.T

• Click Profile to change this text.
    • View Profile
Logical section strategy
« on: October 02, 2003, 02:31:44 PM »
Hi everyone,
I have been having some difficulty in LS, and thought that maybe some of you can give me some insight into improving that section.  I have been practicing with the real lsat, and usually miss around 8 questions in LS, and I haven't seen any improvements, so I am starting to wonder if I am not seeing a pattern in my mistakes.  I have noticed that I am choosing 2nd best choice instead of the correct one.  What is best way to solve parallel, two way conversation, reasoning technique, assumption, paradox, and inference questions?  Any insight would be appreciated.

Iggy

• Click Profile to change this text.
    • View Profile
Re: Logical section strategy
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2003, 02:47:41 PM »
I liked the approach in the Princeton Review book "Cracking the LSAT" best. They give you a 2-4 step approach to each type of question.

For parallel it's important to understand the argument well before you try and find a similar one in the answers. If you have time it's best to diagram it.

For paradox, similarly, it's important that you actually see and understand what the paradox is before going to the answers. Then look for the one that resolves it.

Ivy_Hopeful

• Sr. Citizen
  • Final UGPA 3.894 / LSAT 141
    • MSN Messenger - dduncan81@msn.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Dduncan81
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - Derryp999
    • View Profile
    • A website that I built and maintain.
Re: Logical section strategy
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2003, 10:45:56 AM »
Thank you very much for the insight int these types of questiions.  ;D
Winners: Cooley w/$, UDM
Losers: MSU, DePaul, NYLS, UI, Georegtown, WSU, PSU, Kent, Cleavland State, ASU
In Limbo + Purgatory: N/A

Law School Numbers.com

LSD Debut UGPA 3.651 Final UGPA 3.894 / LSAT October 1st, 2005: 141

cjprof4

Re:Logical section strategy
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2003, 01:29:45 AM »
Could someone give me a visual example of how to diagram a parallel and paradox.  I remember taking a logic class ages ago, but I dont remember most of it.  This is my only tough section.  THANKS