Law School Discussion

$ at Houston

Re: $ at Houston
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2005, 08:10:08 PM »
Those accepted to UofH - have like three or four recruiters called/e-mailed you?  I am wondering if they are doing this because I am not getting a scholarship or if they just do that to everyone.  Thanks for y'all's help!

towanda03

• And so it goes...
    • AOL Instant Messenger - ilackoriginality
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2005, 09:03:07 AM »
The recruiting has been non-stop from UofH.  They're gonna make it hard for me.   :'(

« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2005, 10:17:14 AM »
How many people have been calling / e-mailing you?  I wonder if it is the same people.  I had a graduate from the class of 1991 as one of mine.  I have had three - one student, the 1991 graduate (now works for the government) and one that works in an Austin law firm.

« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2005, 10:58:17 AM »
You guys have all had a bunch of people contact you?  All I got was the acceptance letter and one email from a student there.  UH has definitely sent the least info/made the least contact of all the schools I've been accepted to.  Hmmm.... maybe they know that I'm attached to Houston and will probably end up there regardless...

towanda03

• And so it goes...
    • AOL Instant Messenger - ilackoriginality
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2005, 11:00:43 AM »
How many people have been calling / e-mailing you?  I wonder if it is the same people.  I had a graduate from the class of 1991 as one of mine.  I have had three - one student, the 1991 graduate (now works for the government) and one that works in an Austin law firm.

I don't really remember... 2 alums (one was from the 80's) and a student, maybe?  Way more than any other school.

« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2005, 11:06:42 AM »
Thanks for all the informaiton.  I hope that I get a letter on Monday.  If so, I think I will be going to UH.  If not, prob. Baylor or SMU.

« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2005, 08:24:44 PM »
Again congrats to Eliza and Towanda. I'm so envious!

I haven't been getting phone calls but I've had a number of emails which are all very helpful. They've been from: Dean of Admissions, Assist. Dir. of Admissions, and BLSA president. A couple from each.

ilmo

« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2005, 03:11:37 PM »
Got the letter today.  Dean's scholarship worth 3K and a non-resident tuition waiver (9K+ all told.)  Lot better than what Oregon offered, which was nothing.  I'm really leaning to UH now.

« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2005, 04:56:01 PM »
Congrats!  Has anyone that is in state recevied anything?  Still nothing today.  Now I am worried.

ElizaB

• What a sweet face?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2005, 08:15:11 PM »
I'm in San Antonio.  My mail is variable.  Sometimes very fast, sometimes very slow & sometimes non-existant.