Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: rejected at yale and stanford  (Read 4161 times)

Dolcejn

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: rejected at yale and stanford
« Reply #40 on: March 06, 2005, 09:18:08 AM »
Jawhawk, I'm so sorry to hear about Y & S.  Both amazing, wonderful schools - but you've gotten into 8 amazing wonderful schools already :) And I do hope you pick Harvard - I think that after three years there, you'll really feel like it was the right decision for you.  It's a great place. :)
HLS

alphalyrae

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 09, 2005, 07:04:53 PM »
"I sent in a letter to both telling them why their school was my first choice"

With all the bickering back and forth, I've lost track of who actually said this originally, but I have to wonder if the gods of integrity caused you to mix up the envelopes.
3.81/172
In: Harvard, Boalt, Chicago, Columbia, Michigan, Penn
Waitlisted: Stanford
Rejected: Yale

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=alphalyrae

TDPookie1

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • the sugar cane is back!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - PookieEsq2B
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: March 09, 2005, 10:23:52 PM »
"I sent in a letter to both telling them why their school was my first choice"

With all the bickering back and forth, I've lost track of who actually said this originally, but I have to wonder if the gods of integrity caused you to mix up the envelopes.

ooh, that would be such awesome karma!
i am officially the biggest nerd of LSD!  ::gleaming with pride, as i shine my yoda trophy::

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=TDPookie1

accepted at yale.  how the hell did i pull this one off?

absy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 10, 2005, 10:55:08 PM »
Just started looking back at LSD.  Sorry to hear about Y & S for you.  We should start a club!  Mine didn't come on the same day, but they were three days apart.

I'm partially glad just to have the waiting over.  Are you going to be in Boston next weekend?

jayhawk

« Reply #44 on: March 11, 2005, 12:44:03 AM »
Just started looking back at LSD. Sorry to hear about Y & S for you. We should start a club! Mine didn't come on the same day, but they were three days apart.

I'm partially glad just to have the waiting over. Are you going to be in Boston next weekend?

yep, i'll be in boston.  if you're there, you should hang out with dolcejn and me!  we'll be the cool kids at harvard's admit day   8)

Ninja

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 11, 2005, 09:07:29 AM »
Sorry to hear about the rejections.  I'm hoping for good news from my remaining schools, but I think I'll get a couple rejections, and those will be tough to deal with even though I already have some great choices.  By the way, I'll also be at NYU on April 1st.

anton

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: March 11, 2005, 09:49:06 AM »
Don't worry about it.  iirc the chiasu odds for those two schools never go above about 40% even with 4.0/180.  There's no shame in being rejected by either school unless you have a Nobel Prize or Fields Medal.
It's palm trees and sunshine for me!

Sweeny

• ...and the cartoon menace was no more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 11, 2005, 05:39:54 PM »
are we supposed to feel sorry for you?Huh? 

That's just like asking if we should be happy for somebody who 'only' got into, say, George Mason. It's all relative.

I just thought this was funny because George Mason sent me a postcard today (March 11) urging me to apply to their law school since their deadline isn't until March 15. 

Except I don't even graduate undergrad until next year :p

I am curious where they got my info from.  If it was LSAC wouldn't they know that I wouldn't be applying to law schools until next fall?

anyways, sorry for hijack, and sorry too Jayhawkgirl on your rejections.  Despite the acceptances you have a rejection is never easy. 
In: Georgetown, Penn ($$$$), Michigan ($$$), Cornell ($$$$$), Minnesota($$$)

'lit

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 11, 2005, 07:05:55 PM »
I am curious where they got my info from.  If it was LSAC wouldn't they know that I wouldn't be applying to law schools until next fall?

no, a lot of us got a lot of those. i took the lsat last june and maybe 10 schools wrote me saying i could start in 2 months (the same is true of absy, jayhawk, etc). it does seem cruel when others are being held on their waitlist.

absy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 15, 2005, 01:54:12 AM »
We definitely should hang out.  When are you arriving?  I'm getting in on Friday.

Just started looking back at LSD. Sorry to hear about Y & S for you. We should start a club! Mine didn't come on the same day, but they were three days apart.

I'm partially glad just to have the waiting over. Are you going to be in Boston next weekend?

yep, i'll be in boston.  if you're there, you should hang out with dolcejn and me!  we'll be the cool kids at harvard's admit day   8)