Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: rejected at yale and stanford  (Read 4046 times)

TDPookie1

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • the sugar cane is back!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - PookieEsq2B
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: rejected at yale and stanford
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2005, 01:14:31 AM »
yay!  i'm glad you feel better, jayhawk!   :-*

are you still visiting USC and stuff, btw?  are they even in the running with harvard et al in the bag?
i am officially the biggest nerd of LSD!  ::gleaming with pride, as i shine my yoda trophy::

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=TDPookie1

accepted at yale.  how the hell did i pull this one off?

BIG H2001

« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2005, 02:20:24 AM »
Sorry to hear about the rejections.  Harvard isn't a bad punishment though. 

I think what will ultimately cheer you up comes when Roy Williams wins his first national title next month.

jayhawk

« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2005, 12:16:07 PM »
Sorry to hear about the rejections.  Harvard isn't a bad punishment though. 

I think what will ultimately cheer you up comes when Roy Williams wins his first national title next month.

how would that cheer me up? 

bill self is the man now.  we don't need silly old roy williams.

lookwhois

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3.63 / 168
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2005, 02:12:55 PM »
I am SO SORRY to hear the bad news, but please do you keep your chin up very high as you'll be heading to harvard!!! You have much to be proud of and I am so happy for you. I wish I was there now to give you a HUG HUG, and please take comfort in knowing that you have the support of many on here. One day I'll drive down from Michigan to Cambridge for that hug I owe you.

Warm hugs and kisses

:-*
Pending: 17
Accepted: 2 (Michigan and Notre Dame)
Denied: 0
Waitlisted:0
Closed all apps, Attending MICHIGAN

IrishGuyJay

« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2005, 02:23:08 PM »

"I was on 3 waitlists and I miraculously got in 2 of the schools.  I called both dean of admissions to plead my case, I sent in a letter to both telling them why their school was my first choice, and I sent in an additional letter of recommendation.  For one school I was lucky because my mom's friend knew the dean and gave him a call.  That probably helped."

someone told two schools that they were his "first choice?"  isn't that a bit unethical?  you can only attend one school, you know  :P

jayhawk

« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2005, 02:38:11 PM »
pookie:

i am still planning to visit usc on admitted students day.  are you going to be there?  i guess you probably won't, but it would be nice to meet you there!  i'm not really considering usc as an option, but i bought the plane tickets before i heard from harvard, and it's gonna be a great excuse for me and two of my girlfriends to lay out on the beach when we should be in class!

lookwhois:

i'd love to have that hug, but you better wear what you had on in your previous avatar!  ::)

to everyone else:

tre1160 sent me a very nice apology.  i also feel that i was a little too spiteful in my responses to him (i am normally not a mean person, i swear) so i apologize too.  <hugs all around>

ryanjm

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 05, 2005, 02:45:35 PM »
Damn, I'd be pissed if I didn't get in with those numbers. 3.9/175 is well above their average.

A.J

« Reply #37 on: March 05, 2005, 03:30:28 PM »
You're hopeless Jay, just plain hopeless.  ;)

As for me: Come on Univeristy of Oregon!!  ;D

maricutie

« Reply #38 on: March 06, 2005, 01:18:28 AM »
I'm jumping on this thread a little late, but just wanted to express my condolences. Sorry to hear about the rejections, JayHawk ... but, since you *do* have that Harvard acceptance under your belt, I can only say I'm a little sorry.  ;) But, seriously, think about this way: you can still say that you got into the best law school in the country, and very few people would argue with you (!!!).

(And I second the advice about the Hah-vahd handbook, since Stanford hasn't been too generous with their wooing.)     

TDPookie1

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • the sugar cane is back!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - PookieEsq2B
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: March 06, 2005, 07:17:36 AM »
pookie:

i am still planning to visit usc on admitted students day.  are you going to be there?  i guess you probably won't, but it would be nice to meet you there!  i'm not really considering usc as an option, but i bought the plane tickets before i heard from harvard, and it's gonna be a great excuse for me and two of my girlfriends to lay out on the beach when we should be in class!

i don't think i'm invited, since i withdrew my acceptance.  :-\  think they'd mind if i crash?   ;D

i'd been planning on ditching work that day to play anyway, but i'm taking the following week off (on a red-eye friday night), so i don't think the ditching will be much appreciated, by my bosses or my checkbook.
i am officially the biggest nerd of LSD!  ::gleaming with pride, as i shine my yoda trophy::

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=TDPookie1

accepted at yale.  how the hell did i pull this one off?