Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: rejected at yale and stanford  (Read 4091 times)

jayhawk

rejected at yale and stanford
« on: March 04, 2005, 06:36:15 PM »
i'm fine with it, really.  i just don't understand why they had to come on the same day.  and on a day when i've been out celebrating how happy i am all day.  so essentially i was having an awesome day, and i come home at 5:00 and see that i am a reject.  i saw this coming, but i thought (hoped) they would wait a little longer.  really, how am i so bad that despite the numbers they don't want me?  wait, don't answer that, i don't want the answer. 

i am sorry to start a whole silly thread about my inadequacies.  to be honest, i am a bit drunk right now (i had a great day yesterday and today) and totally didn't see this coming.  i mean, i expected to be rejected eventually, but not right away, and not in the same day.  i am going to cry some more....

Javert

• Sr. Citizen
  • Time.
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Rov47
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of Sisyphus
Re: rejected at yale and stanford
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2005, 06:38:30 PM »
Hey, I'm sorry. But you have Harvard and a chance at a free ride at NYU. Enjoy whichever one you end up at. :).
Attending: U Texas

"The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination." -- Garak, "Improbable Cause", Deep Space Nine

gentoo

• Sr. Citizen
  • Are you talkin' to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2005, 06:38:47 PM »
Sorry to hear about your rejections. But Harvard...not too shabby, girl! ;) Don't apologize for venting, thats what LSD is for. :)
Pending: Whittier (PT + FT)

foxnewssucks

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2005, 06:47:01 PM »
@#!* them. harvard is better.

tre1160

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2005, 06:57:28 PM »
are we supposed to feel sorry for you?????  You have only been admitted to 8 of the best schools in the country and you are crying about not getting into two of them.  Did you know that you can only attend one school?   I think having 8 of the best to choose from is good enough.  So I ask, if you are inadequate, what does that make people like me who, with some luck, might be able to get into the very bottom rung of tier 1's?  Even worse, what does that make people who can only get into tier 2s or 3s? 

I am sorry but keep your crying to yourself.  If you aren't satisfied with your accomplishments thus far I don't think you ever will be.  It is unfortunate because most people would die to be in your position.

Javert

• Sr. Citizen
  • Time.
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Rov47
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of Sisyphus
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2005, 07:03:20 PM »
are we supposed to feel sorry for you?Huh? 

That's just like asking if we should be happy for somebody who 'only' got into, say, George Mason. It's all relative.
Attending: U Texas

"The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination." -- Garak, "Improbable Cause", Deep Space Nine

foxnewssucks

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2005, 07:03:51 PM »
are we supposed to feel sorry for you?????  You have only been admitted to 8 of the best schools in the country and you are crying about not getting into two of them.  Did you know that you can only attend one school?   I think having 8 of the best to choose from is good enough.  So I ask, if you are inadequate, what does that make people like me who, with some luck, might be able to get into the very bottom rung of tier 1's?  Even worse, what does that make people who can only get into tier 2s or 3s? 

I am sorry but keep your crying to yourself.  If you aren't satisfied with your accomplishments thus far I don't think you ever will be.  It is unfortunate because most people would die to be in your position.

she didnt ask anyone to feel sorry for her. a rejection is a rejection, it is never fun no matter what your stats or options.  she knows she has great opportunities and are grateful for them, but this doesnt change the fact that one can still get hurt by a rejection letter, any rejection from Yale to 4th tier.

InVinoVeritas

• LSD Obsessed
  • Fine! I shall also fix zee hobo suit!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - NVinoVeritasChi
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2005, 07:10:30 PM »
sorry to hear about the bad news. but at least there was lots of good news at around the same time.  good luck wherever you end up!   ;D

ilsox7

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2005, 07:12:45 PM »
Hang in there Hawk.  Keep drinking and wake up tomorrow knowing that you have an awesome few years ahead of you at one of the great schools you've already gotten into.

Who's Crowdaddy

• Sr. Citizen
  • Fuc% Y'all, I'm From Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2005, 07:13:58 PM »

Everyone is in their own situation, she still has the right to vent about it, but she can't be surprised by your response as I am sure many people feel that way. She did say she was a bit drunk anyway.

By the way OP, you should be happy they came the same day, get it over with in one blow and you have no shortage of great options. It wouldn't feel better to get one, wait a week and get the other.
I fought the Law and the Law won

I am the Law