Law School Discussion

Columbia Admit Days Impressions

Lost in Translation

• Choosing the right law school: priceless!!!
    • View Profile
Columbia Admit Days Impressions
« on: March 04, 2005, 12:49:15 PM »
Hey, did anyone here have the chance to go to Columbia Law admit days? How was it? How were the classes? the studnets? the professors? Anything else worth noting?
What was the general atmosphere of the law school like? How helpful were the administrators?

Re: Columbia Admit Days Impressions
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2005, 04:41:45 PM »
Yeah, I'd like to hear about this too, seeing as I'm going there. 

Lost in Translation

• Choosing the right law school: priceless!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2005, 06:09:09 PM »
nobody went???

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2005, 06:19:18 PM »
Personally I was very impressed with the Columbia admit day. I was a little worried that people would be snobby at Columbia, but everyone I met was absolutely amazing. They all seemed really happy with the school and excited about their choice.
I think the school did a good job of getting current students out there to speak with admitted students. Whereas at NYU today, I met hardly any admitted students, and the ones I met actually seemed a little snobbier (in a too cool sort of way).
I think Columbia also did a great job of selling the city of New York, and showing the advantages of going to law school there instead of say, Boston, my other choice.
Anyway, I thought the admit day was great, very classy. And everyone seemed genuinely excited about being there, which was what I really appreciated the most.
Anyway, I think, for me, Columbia definitely wins over NYU. But I do think it just depends on your personality.
Now I just have the Harvard vs. Columbia choice....