Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: USC Financial Aid Packages  (Read 1388 times)

towanda03

• Sr. Citizen
  • And so it goes...
    • AOL Instant Messenger - ilackoriginality
    • View Profile
    • Email
USC Financial Aid Packages
« on: March 04, 2005, 03:39:23 PM »
Apparently some were mailed yesterday, for those who are waiting.  I got nada for scholarships/grants, so I have dutifully withdrawn (stats are in the link below).  It seems that the forces of the cosmos are aligning to send me to Penn.  :)

Good luck to those waiting.

InVinoVeritas

• LSD Obsessed
  • Fine! I shall also fix zee hobo suit!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - NVinoVeritasChi
    • View Profile
Re: USC Financial Aid Packages
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2005, 03:43:15 PM »
towanda, do you mind sharing your FAFSA EFC?  i'm interested to see if i'll likely get any money from USC.  also, had you already sent in copies of your tax returns?

adverseeffect

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2005, 03:49:06 PM »
thanks for the info.  sorry towanda!  i think it would be really difficult to turn down penn no matter how much money usc gave you anyway.

i'm in the bay area so i guess mine will come today or tomorrow.  i doubt it will be much if you didn't get anything.  hopefully i'll hear about $ from duke as well.

towanda03

• Sr. Citizen
  • And so it goes...
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2005, 03:56:09 PM »
InVinoVeritas--I sent you a PM. 

Yeah, it would have taken a lot of money to sway me, as much as I love LA.  Besides Penn being Penn, my SO is on the East Coast for med school, and I'm chomping at the bit to stop the long distance madness.  But, now I don't have to think about it!  Instead, I'll go ahead and send Penn the deed to my soul.  :)

bruin

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • lsn profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2005, 04:04:37 PM »
Too bad about that towanda, at least you have Penn. :)

If anyone here has gotten an award in this cycle, have they been just merit scholarships or USC's total award (merit + grant)? Thanks.
Attending UVa
Click below for more info
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=bruin04
Come on, I know you want to click me.

bruin

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • lsn profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2005, 04:13:06 PM »
This thread just gave me a moment of false hope. A fat envelope just came from USC right after my last post; ended up being from PILF at USC. Maybe a fin aid package will come soon. :)
Attending UVa
Click below for more info
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=bruin04
Come on, I know you want to click me.

adverseeffect

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2005, 04:34:13 PM »
InVinoVeritas--I sent you a PM. 

Yeah, it would have taken a lot of money to sway me, as much as I love LA.  Besides Penn being Penn, my SO is on the East Coast for med school, and I'm chomping at the bit to stop the long distance madness.  But, now I don't have to think about it!  Instead, I'll go ahead and send Penn the deed to my soul.  :)

cross-country long-distance sucks.  i'm the opposite.  right now we are together and for the next three years we will be apart.  not looking forward to doing that again. 

btw, are you visiting cornell?  i'm in cali too and its so difficult to fly back and forth for all the admit weekends and to see the campus.  right now i'm only signed up for michigan and maybe i'll go to duke's, but i just can't swing cornell.

towanda03

• Sr. Citizen
  • And so it goes...
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2005, 05:20:07 PM »
Bruin04--it's a 9X12 envelope.  I also got two little envelopes from the women's association and an ad for the preview thing.  Nice "Pick us anyway!" touch, I guess. 

Adverseeffect--I'm going to go visit Penn & Cornell (on the off chance that I hate Penn or discover that Ithaca is the city I've been searching for all my life, LOL).  But yeah, I can't swing too many visits out east, either.  A two-day preview becomes a four day ordeal with travel time (not to mention the cost).

Good luck with your long distance relationship.  Mine has been awful, but, in reality, we still manage to see each other quite a bit (once every 4-6 weeks).  But we lived together for a year right before he moved, so not seeing him daily has been a horrible adjustment.     

clunkey

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2005, 05:27:02 PM »
I got a letter from USC about financial aid notices now being sent via email. The letter was dated 2/18.

Nalgene

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2005, 05:29:22 PM »
WTF! What's up with the inconsistency?