Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: LSAT Practice and Diagnostic Tests  (Read 1524 times)

Ivy_Hopeful

• Sr. Citizen
  • Final UGPA 3.894 / LSAT 141
    • MSN Messenger - dduncan81@msn.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Dduncan81
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - Derryp999
    • View Profile
    • A website that I built and maintain.
LSAT Practice and Diagnostic Tests
« on: September 17, 2003, 10:42:02 AM »
I was just wondering if anyone would like to share some/all of their LSAT practice scores and even some diagnostics (for those who aren't aware of these, the diagnostic tests are similar to practice tests but they are the before during and after the fact of studying usually through programs such as Princeton review or Kaplan etc...) I would appreciate it I will post mine as they come available (I am taking my first practice/diagnostic today wish me luck  ;)) Thank you all for your information! ;D
Winners: Cooley w/$, UDM
Losers: MSU, DePaul, NYLS, UI, Georegtown, WSU, PSU, Kent, Cleavland State, ASU
In Limbo + Purgatory: N/A

Law School Numbers.com

LSD Debut UGPA 3.651 Final UGPA 3.894 / LSAT October 1st, 2005: 141

law school hopeful

Re:  LSAT Practice and Diagnostic Tests
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2003, 12:24:08 PM »
I was wondering why on most december LSAT' to get a 150 you need 55 or 56 questions right, while for the October or june exam you need 57 or 58 questions right?

Ivy_Hopeful

• Sr. Citizen
  • Final UGPA 3.894 / LSAT 141
    • MSN Messenger - dduncan81@msn.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Dduncan81
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - Derryp999
    • View Profile
    • A website that I built and maintain.
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2003, 02:21:24 AM »
Very good question, but I am not the expert, sorry can't help you with that one, anyone else is welcome to try (the only reason I can think of is that Oct. and Jun. had smarter test yakers which inevitab;y rose the bar for you).  ;D
Winners: Cooley w/$, UDM
Losers: MSU, DePaul, NYLS, UI, Georegtown, WSU, PSU, Kent, Cleavland State, ASU
In Limbo + Purgatory: N/A

Law School Numbers.com

LSD Debut UGPA 3.651 Final UGPA 3.894 / LSAT October 1st, 2005: 141

lawclerk

• Click Profile to change this text.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2003, 07:45:13 AM »
According to LSAT research, the pool of test takers who take the June and October Exams tend to do better. These are usualy the smart kids trying to get into the Ivy leage schools and get on the ball for early admissions. The December and Febuary takers are more likly to be second chance takers or less prepared takers.

As you know probbaly know,the LSAT is a curbed Exam.This is what explains the descrepency you are asking about.

I thought the exact same thing as I kept scoring within that same range of questions right.

I recently noticed that if you get a particular score, like you get one more question right, even if your score dos not change, it can up your precentage ranking by as much as 2 points. This can prove crucial when it knocks you from the 49th to the 51st or 59to 60th which will be more appealing on your LSDA Report to admissions officers.

Bork

• Sr. Citizen
  • Monkey Stealing My Stuff
    • View Profile
Re: LSAT Practice and Diagnostic Tests
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2006, 04:47:49 PM »
According to LSAT research, the pool of test takers who take the June and October Exams tend to do better.

I've read the exact opposite.
"Any Major Dude with half a heart surely will tell you my friend, any minor world that breaks apart falls together again. When the demon is at your door, in the morning it won't be there no more, Any Major Dude will tell

doibhilin

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2006, 05:41:21 PM »
According to LSAT research, the pool of test takers who take the June and October Exams tend to do better.

If there's a predictable tendency, they probably factor that into the scales.  The point of the scale is to standardize LSAT scores; if self-selection introduces significant bias to scroing across different tests, they're going to fix it.

I am Penny Lane

• Sr. Citizen
  • Manager of the "Get Dotlyn to go to FSU" Campaign!
    • View Profile
    • LSN - What do you think of my choices?
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2006, 10:20:48 PM »
Hey Ivy, check your private messages.
LSN

Quote from: dotlyn
PennyLane invented sweet. She has the patent on it. I tried to act sweet one time and she sued me.

Einstein

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2006, 12:54:20 PM »
Why are we replying to a three year old thread?

because this time of year most people have gotten their acceptances.. and it is still early in the '07 application season and LSD is slow slow slow.. gotta post to something.. might as well dig up old stuff  ::)
Practice LSAT: 147(d), 150, 151,143,152, 156,161,163,161,160,157,163,158,162

University of San Diego School of Law!