Law School Discussion

$ at Duke

Re: $ at Duke
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2005, 10:49:04 PM »
Don't lose hope if you haven't heard yet from Duke not all money went out early mine was mailed on the 3/08 according to the financial aid office, but I haven't received it yet so I guess they just said "the check is in the mail.........." anyway if you haven't received anything and you were hoping to don't let it get you down it might be on its way.

« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2005, 04:01:40 PM »
$50K over 5 semesters.  Received today - postmarked 3/11.  Pretty exciting - and complicates the decision.  Definitely will visit next month.

« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2005, 04:48:50 PM »
quote author=That 70s Guy link=topic=27198.msg415445#msg415445 date=1110841300]
$50K over 5 semesters. Received today - postmarked 3/11. Pretty exciting - and complicates the decision. Definitely will visit next month.
Wow, Congrats! If you don't mind, what are your stats, and when was the letter postmarked?

jayhawk

« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2005, 05:48:22 PM »
i also received my award letter today, $50,000 over 5 years.  at this point, however, i'm really trying to narrow down my list.  so i think i'm going to have to withdraw, as tempting as that huge scholarship is. 

is it normal to feel really guilty about withdrawing?  i feel like duke has been so nice to me, sending me so much info and now offering me money.  i wish withdrawal forms had an option where you could write in "i think your school is great! honestly, i do!"

« Reply #34 on: March 14, 2005, 07:21:33 PM »
i also received my award letter today, $50,000 over 5 years.  at this point, however, i'm really trying to narrow down my list.  so i think i'm going to have to withdraw, as tempting as that huge scholarship is. 

is it normal to feel really guilty about withdrawing?  i feel like duke has been so nice to me, sending me so much info and now offering me money.  i wish withdrawal forms had an option where you could write in "i think your school is great! honestly, i do!"

i feel the same way about certain schools.  I'm definitely going to write a short personal note thanking them.  I figure it can only benefit them and future applicants to know what they are doing right!