Yay! You beat me numbers twin  ;)

$25K over 5 semesters.

thanks duke!  ;D

Re: $ at Duke
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2005, 06:23:57 PM »
Yay! You beat me numbers twin  ;)

$25K over 5 semesters.

thanks duke!  ;D

i think they are giving me extra to get my asian-half to go to the south.  (although they know i am from virginia, so who knows...)  put your party pants on, we're going out at admit weekend!  ;)

AMB22

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2005, 06:30:37 PM »
When I party, I don't wear pants. HTH.

The Truth

• Running the Race Figuratively (MS pic sample)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2005, 01:35:17 PM »
$45K over first 5 semesters at Duke ($18K year - $9K a semester)

I'm rich B**ch, well not really, but nice to get

About time the merit money starting coming in my direction a little, I guess that is what I get for moving and not putting in an address change right away  :-\

Also told I should receive out of state fee waiver and $1K/year stipend at Texas which amounts to about 12K/year. I wonder if they will match the Duke money with their matching policy or do they just get the same cost of attendance.

In any case, now the real bargaining can begin to assess fit with cost at all the schools

Good Luck (Don't you wish they would let us barter the money, i.e. I give you money at one school for your money at another LOL ;D)

« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2005, 02:41:53 PM »
congratulations on the money to all of you.
I am anxiously awaiting a letter from Duke.
What are your stats The Truth?

« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2005, 02:51:59 PM »
$45K over first 5 semesters at Duke ($18K year - $9K a semester)

I'm rich B**ch, well not really, but nice to get

About time the merit money starting coming in my direction a little, I guess that is what I get for moving and not putting in an address change right away  :-\

Also told I should receive out of state fee waiver and $1K/year stipend at Texas which amounts to about 12K/year. I wonder if they will match the Duke money with their matching policy or do they just get the same cost of attendance.

In any case, now the real bargaining can begin to assess fit with cost at all the schools

Good Luck (Don't you wish they would let us barter the money, i.e. I give you money at one school for your money at another LOL ;D)

whoa, that is tons of money, congrats!

i think texas matches so that you only pay at ut what you would have paid at another school with the scholarship.  i calculated that as an out-of-stater, i'd still pay around $2-3K more per year at duke with my award.  it looks like it would be worth it to you to contact them though.

« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2005, 02:56:20 PM »
this is exactly the case. the money they are giving us is a combination of merit and need. Unfortunately, there shall be no more $$$ after the initial notification, unless you don't negotiate for more, of course.

I was thinking about the Duke thing...Could the letter that we've been getting be a combination of merit and need based aid?  They did have all of us fill out the scholarship form with the financial info at the beginning.  I hope not, but just a thought.

Bumping this puppy.  Do you know this for a fact, and if so, how?

Ninja

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2005, 04:00:46 PM »
$45K at Duke.  I checked the box for merit-only scholarships, so there was no need consideration in mine.  This one came as a real surprise to me.

The Truth

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2005, 04:48:10 PM »
Thanks for the Congrats.

I also checked the merit only piece when i originally turned in the app if I remember correctly.

3.75 LSAC GPA, 3.94 GGPA (MBA), ~3 years work exp, and upper 160s combined LSAT (I don't feel like arguing over a point here and a point there), married and 1 child, URM

Info provided so that you can see you may not be my numbers twin, and then again who knows. Good Luck to all.

The Truth

Like the grand poet said "I'm a bona fide hustler" ;D

The Truth

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2005, 04:58:57 PM »
On the Texas Match Policy,

I'll Definitely be calling to get more money and will use both offers as I field what is best for my situation. I'm orginally from the Texas and got into there combined B.S./JD Program back in the 90s, before deciding to go out of state where more money was. They still had my address from like a decade ago in their systems and actually sent my aid to that address :). Like Cuba Gooding Jr. said, "Show Me the Money!"