Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Anyone going to GW admit days?  (Read 431 times)

lonahawk

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Anyone going to GW admit days?
« on: March 03, 2005, 06:29:43 PM »
I just got a little brouchure in the mail yesterday.  Not sure if I want to pony up for the flight though - in general, is it a good idea to go to a lot of these?  Or would it be better to wait til later and visit individually once I hear from  more schools?

dustbunny

• View Profile
Re: Anyone going to GW admit days?
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2005, 08:06:24 PM »
Most likely.  It's a chance to meet people who will likely be your peers for three years.  You can definitely get a vibe of whether you fit in that time.  I know I could tell immediately when I applied to grad schools and went to interview.  So, if GWU is a top choice for you, you should go.  If it isn't really, then wasting the money...probably not best idea :)

aey4l

• View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2005, 10:59:25 AM »
I am going. And if you are worried about flights check out http://www.flyi.com. If you can fly from one of their locations (but they have limited places they fly out of) they'll take you to Dulles (and you can pick up a shuttle to the Metro for like $7) and they are usually cheap...if you are a college student it's even better because they have a college special right now. I got my round trip tickets out for $98 after tax (although I'm flying in Thursday and not leaving til Monday to save on the tickets and I'm staying with a friend that's a 1L at GW for free), but I still think they'll save you money if you fly them in general.

I'm getting excited about it. I'm also doing apartment hunting and hoping to finalize where I want to live while I'm there.
GW 1L

FutureLawyerMiami

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Makaveli46
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2005, 07:45:22 PM »
I just attended the Miami GW Law Reception and will be attending admitted students weekend also. I'll be in March 31st to April 3rd. Looking forward to it.

JulesSF

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2005, 08:35:08 PM »
I'll be going to the SF reception on Tuesday and also to the admitted students weekend in DC...can't wait!
166 / 3.5
He loves me: ATTENDING: GWU $$ (obvi)
He loves me not: NU, GULC, UVA, UCLA
He decides not to decide: U Mich (WL)
Preemptive dump: BC, UC Hastings, USC

Erapitt

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2005, 08:45:45 PM »
I will be at preview evening.  Any other PTers going?
Attending GW in Fall '06

Candide

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2005, 12:20:43 AM »
I just attended the Miami GW Law Reception and will be attending admitted students weekend also. I'll be in March 31st to April 3rd. Looking forward to it.

I was just checking out a study on law school job placement and was amazed at how well GW does in Miami.  Just in case you haven't already seen it: http://www.calvin.edu/admin/csr/students/sullivan/law/data.htm

I'm also headed to admitted students weekend.