Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Re: My LSAT horror story  (Read 13355 times)

badgerlaw

• View Profile
Re: My LSAT horror story
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2007, 01:57:29 AM »
Guys, before you put him down it is possible.  Our current president, Bush got arround the same LSAT score as Ryan, but decided to go on to grad school at Harvard with a even lower precentile score on the GRE.  In some cases, personal experience and work history has a lot to do with it at Harvard.  If you look, they do not list a chart with whom they accept like GPA score and LSAT scores because Harbard believes there is more to a person than a GPA or LSAT score.  Harvard states that on the LSAC website.  I respect Harvard for that.  I would guess that most of Harvard's applicants have a perfect range of 173 to 180 with a perfect 4.0 GPA.  If a person had no former education, created one of the biggest coporations in the world, and won two nobel peace prizes, would it be acceptable to let them into Harvard Law with a 139 LSAT score?  I would be curious to see how well Ryan did at Harvard Law.  If he was in the top 25% of his class, that would say a lot about Harvard's academic process and prestiege.  I have attended Harvard's summer classes and one academic semester.  My name is Vincent Brown if anyone would like to check.  I had tougher classes at a comunity college than I ever did at Harvard.  Good luck Ryan and all of the best to you!

Vincent   

If you take a look at the OP's other posts, you'll notice that he wrote the same story on a few different boards, once claiming himself to be "Ryan" and another time "Terry"...I'd have to say it's a flame.

Hank Rearden

• LSD Obsessed
  • Zurich is stained
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2007, 02:00:14 AM »
Guys, before you put him down it is possible.  Our current president, Bush got arround the same LSAT score as Ryan, but decided to go on to grad school at Harvard with a even lower precentile score on the GRE.  In some cases, personal experience and work history has a lot to do with it at Harvard.  If you look, they do not list a chart with whom they accept like GPA score and LSAT scores because Harbard believes there is more to a person than a GPA or LSAT score.  Harvard states that on the LSAC website.  I respect Harvard for that.  I would guess that most of Harvard's applicants have a perfect range of 173 to 180 with a perfect 4.0 GPA.  If a person had no former education, created one of the biggest coporations in the world, and won two nobel peace prizes, would it be acceptable to let them into Harvard Law with a 139 LSAT score?  I would be curious to see how well Ryan did at Harvard Law.  If he was in the top 25% of his class, that would say a lot about Harvard's academic process and prestiege.  I have attended Harvard's summer classes and one academic semester.  My name is Vincent Brown if anyone would like to check.  I had tougher classes at a comunity college than I ever did at Harvard.  Good luck Ryan and all of the best to you!

Vincent   

If you take a look at the OP's other posts, you'll notice that he wrote the same story on a few different boards, once claiming himself to be "Ryan" and another time "Terry"...I'd have to say it's a flame.

What do you mean?  His name is Slash.   8)
CLS '10

The appropriateness of Perpetua would probably depend on the tone of the writing.  When I used it, I (half playfully) thought the extra space made the words sort of resonate.

badgerlaw

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2007, 02:02:53 AM »

Vincent   

What do you mean?  His name is Slash.   8)

Touché.  :D

Lindbergh

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2007, 03:21:10 AM »

Vincent   

Link to all the alleged claims in this post? 

Thanks!

AllyS

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2007, 02:45:56 PM »
I took the lsat last Feb. and got a 139.  I started feeling a bit cynical, especially seeing how I dumped $1,000 into Kaplan so I decided what the hell, why not...I applied to Harvard as a practical joke to my friends (and to say I applied there) and f-in' believe it or not, I got in!  I don't know how, exactly, but I did...

Perhaps it has to do w/ my work experience and gpa?

Let that be a lesson to my fellow, poor lsat takers.

Ryan, Harvard class of 2007

ahaha ... impossible, you'd have to have an A++ GPA and have been the president of the USA (not that that says much anymore...)

but sometimes it's nice to dream

awesomepossum

• Sr. Citizen
  • Playing possum can go too far
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2007, 02:48:57 PM »
to all those who fell for this crap:  STUUUUUPIIIIIIIIIID, YOU SO STUUUUUUUUUUUPID

Anybody see UHF?

U.Michigan 2011 (deferred from '10)

Lindbergh

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2007, 04:31:07 PM »
I took the lsat last Feb. and got a 139.  I started feeling a bit cynical, especially seeing how I dumped $1,000 into Kaplan so I decided what the hell, why not...I applied to Harvard as a practical joke to my friends (and to say I applied there) and f-in' believe it or not, I got in!  I don't know how, exactly, but I did...

Perhaps it has to do w/ my work experience and gpa?

Let that be a lesson to my fellow, poor lsat takers.

Ryan, Harvard class of 2007

ahaha ... impossible, you'd have to have an A++ GPA and have been the president of the USA (not that that says much anymore...)

but sometimes it's nice to dream

It hasn't said much since the 80's.

mentor

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2007, 09:15:19 PM »
"Slash had done a year at Harvard Law and never missed a chance to rub it in everyone's face."

All you female dog-ass bizzizly-ass bitches can calm down.
San Diego LSAT Tutor
lsatsd@gmail.com