Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: An idea for this anxiety.  (Read 770 times)

Xony

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - jimaxony
    • View Profile
Re: An idea for this anxiety.
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2005, 08:07:38 PM »

2 reasons that i didn't:

1. he hits back

2. once, i gave him a black eye, back in november, i think. my hand still hurts.

oh so you thought he'd stay with you after #2.  yeah, ok, makes sense..any self-respecting man woulda asked for your hand in marriage :)

im just teasing.. im so anxious..it helps me relax when I am mean to others  :-\  misery does love company

_EKC_

• Sr. Citizen
  • LisBeth
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2005, 08:09:26 PM »
well, he had given me a black eye in july. he told me he was staying home, i caught him out at a bar talking to two girls, so i took him out in the parking lot and decked him.

any self respecting girl would have done the same. it's the only reaction to him being a male private part that i'm actually proud of, to tell you the truth. this guy deserved to be knocked out about a million times in the 2.5 years we dated.

Xony

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2005, 08:14:30 PM »
You are too cute for that!!  consider yourself blessed that he is gone from your life.  Ok so how do I de-anxietize myself?  I hate running

_EKC_

• Sr. Citizen
  • LisBeth
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2005, 08:18:11 PM »
i hated running too. so i tried the elliptical machine. it is a hell of a lot better than running.

it just happens that the gym i go to has 4 treadmills and 2 elliptical machines, so i end up on the treadmill sometimes. i'm actually starting to LIKE running though. or maybe i just like setting goals and meeting/beating them. i'm kinda competitive.

withj

« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2005, 08:20:52 PM »
maybe i'm too picky. and it's not like he kicked the sh*t out of me, it was just one black eye.

ekc

ekc:

I'm not the most solemn person on this board, but give me license to get heavy for a second:

Any guy who would give any gal a black eye is a scumbag. The phrase "it was only one black eye" is scary, it's the kind of rationalizing that puts women in a world of hurt later on. That black eye was your warning sign that he has it in him TO kick the shite out of you, and would, eventually. The old-school rule for us men is, if your lady gets you that irate, you walk away. Only a dirtbag hits a woman. My gf has given me some deep-tissue bruises when she's been teed off, and I've never dreamed of raising a hand.

From what you said you felt deep affection for him, which makes coming to terms with parting that much harder. But take the advice of someone closer to 40 than 35, who's been around the block with heartbreak a few times. YOU ARE BETTER OFF WITHOUT HIM.

Done preaching.

whiteytighty

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2005, 08:25:04 PM »
Personally, I'd like to see ekc364 and Xony get together.  At least, the video.

Xony

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2005, 08:26:03 PM »
 ::)

_EKC_

• Sr. Citizen
  • LisBeth
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2005, 09:34:44 PM »
whitey, you must have been reading our threesome discussion on the georgia thread.

and spec, no, i've never had any guy i've ever been with hit me or be violent in any way. yes, i'd say i'm attracted to "bad boys" in the sense that i'm attracted to cocky jackass type guys.

and i may be better off without him, but until i find someone else, i'm going to miss a LOT of things about him.