Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Poll

Should Jennaye apologize for her pre-acceptance comments about low-LSAT acceptances and URM status?

Yes
 19 (48.7%)
No
 20 (51.3%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Author Topic: Who else finds this situation ironic? (SWB vs. Jennaye)  (Read 7176 times)

NYBound05

Re: Who else finds this situation ironic? (SWB vs. Jennaye)
« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2005, 04:02:14 PM »
I'm sorry if you took my question to mean that I thought URMs are any less intelligent than non-URMs, or whatever bull you seem to be interpreting my words as saying.  That's not what I meant, and honestly, not what I said. 

You're right. I pulled those quotes out of thin air.  Sweetheart, it doesn't take much interpreting to understand what you meant by those posts.  They're clear as day.  The only person who DOESN'T understand is YOU!

You say that I'm going to have a hard time in law school (funny, I've never had a problem with people (except some conservatives and all bigots) in my 22 years of existence).  In my opinion, you're going to have a tough time in law school if you try to claim everyone's racist and out to get you.

Yeah, you WILL have a hard time in law school if you fail to see underlying assumptions in the most basic and simple arguments, which you obviously have a tendency of doing.  What, I'm making that up too?  You always tell people to go back and "re-read" what you wrote... maybe you should do the same for your posts b/c apparently you're not comprehending what you said.

Btw, I'm LMAO at "out to get you."  Yeah Jennaye, I'm posting all this because I think you're out to get me...  ::) Damn, how come I'm not shakin in my boots?  Maybe you should forget law school and go into comedy, b/c this just keeps getting better and better...

So, can you just let it go?  I hope so, not just for my sake but for yours as well.  Stop being so damn suspicious of people.

I'll let it go when you stop posting trying to justify and re-design your initial arguments.  Either admit you were wrong or just stop posting about the damn topic.  My sake is not at stake here.  You should take a good look at yourself and wake the hell up.  Everyone on here who has any common sense and truly understands what's going on is just shaking their head at you.  You're making yourself look really silly...honestly.  So just stop...for your sake.  :-[

Jennaye

« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2005, 04:26:09 PM »
We'll have to agree to disagree.

See you at Boalt?

wulfette

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2005, 04:37:00 PM »
Why would they accept people with lower LSAT scores while rejecting people with 170+?  I'd like to think it's because they've got outstanding recommendations, extracurriculars, and academic honors (like I do) but I'm still not holding out hope.

Uuh, I think people are taking this to mean she doesn't hold out hope that the ec's are the reason. (and so thinking URM status is) I think it means she's not holding out hope for herself, even if she believes the other things matter a bit. Jennaye? 

I think reading it that way makes it fine.  Please correct me if I'm wrong about the implications of reading it the other way.

'lit

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2005, 03:48:05 AM »
I'm being devil's advocate here again, but those xoxo-ers really make one very angry. No excuse for comments like that, but I can see how the lack of a few seconds of foresight in the heat of anger can come off looking like arrogance. To xoxo, of course, this only becomes fuel for the fire ...

this is true, in that there is no "right" response to people freaking out about your acceptances. they want to know why  it happened, and if you try to make sense of what soft factors what might have helped, then you're arrogant & claiming you "deserve" it; if you acknowledge you didn't "deserve" it then you're grilled as to whether it was a mistake and completely random and you are, in fact, far too stupid for said school. of 100 different responses there isn't one that will satisfy anyone, let alone everyone, in that situation.

swb, i never saw the thread in which you took heat for your acceptance, but i'm sure sorry it happened, and even more sorry about the attitude re race & LS prevalent on xo and frequently revealed here too.

Victor

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2005, 06:18:09 AM »
Its sad how 2 chicks got into schools of their choice, good schools I may add . . . and there is bickering. This is an inconsequential matter, there shouldnt be any squabbling.

This is supposed to be a moment of celebration for you guys. I just dont get . . .

HippieLawChick

• Sr. Citizen
  • Current 2L
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2005, 01:00:12 PM »
Part of the problem here is this:  LSN was set up so we could compare ourselves with others. Constant comparisons can lead to envy. The only info we have in some cases are the numbers. Unfortunately, the numbers don't tell the whole story.  There is no site that allows posting of transcripts, LSAT writing samples, Personal Statements and entire apps.  I don't think there should be. 

You have no idea what really makes the others here special/unique enough in order to be admitted.   However, I know that every single person here believes that they are different, unique and special - and definitely not only because of a certain number, or box checked on an application.

If you know that you are different, unique and deserve admittance to the best schools, why would you doubt that anyone else is?   How can you assume anything?  A good attorney makes no assumptions until all the facts have been presented...keep that in mind!

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2005, 01:24:03 PM »
here here

I don't know why any of you keep messing with xoxo.  There are no hugs and kisses on xoxo.  Only self entitled brats squirming in their seats about law school acceptances, killing anything that moves.

"A lawyer's either a social engineer or a parasite on society. A social engineer is a highly skilled...lawyer who understands the Constitution of the U.S. and knows how to explore its uses in the solving of problems of local communities and in bettering [our] conditions."
Charles H. Houston

Regal_Muse

« Reply #37 on: March 11, 2005, 01:25:58 PM »
xoxo is like LSDs retarded stepchild that gets locked up in the basement.

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 11, 2005, 01:29:18 PM »
xoxo is the standard website for the most hateful people from LSD to go and be with others with like minds.

even the worst posts I've seen on here don't begin to compare to the garbage on xoxo. 
"A lawyer's either a social engineer or a parasite on society. A social engineer is a highly skilled...lawyer who understands the Constitution of the U.S. and knows how to explore its uses in the solving of problems of local communities and in bettering [our] conditions."
Charles H. Houston

Regal_Muse

« Reply #39 on: March 11, 2005, 01:30:13 PM »
So what's the worse post you've seen? Hahaha