Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: In at UNC!  (Read 572 times)

Fishdog

• Rarrrrrr!
    • View Profile
In at UNC!
« on: March 03, 2005, 02:13:12 PM »
Yeeeeeeeehaw!!!
That's the one I've been waiting for...they scared me though. No acceptance package, just a plain white envelope with a one-page letter. Sweet. A little bit of good news might make going to work today slightly less painful!
Yep: UNC, Emory, Miami, GMU, UGA
Nope:
Withdrawn: W&M, W&L
Pending: GW

kristen14

• Sr. Citizen
  • LitiGATOR :)
    • AOL Instant Messenger - DCPompeia
    • View Profile
Re: In at UNC!
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2005, 02:24:12 PM »
Congrats!!  Hooray for hearing relatively early.  :)  Hope this is a good sign for the rest of us waiting for our decision...
"It is only in the mysterious equations of love that any reason can be found." ~Beautiful Mind
MPH / JD Hopeful :)

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=kristen14

birdysails

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2005, 02:42:50 PM »
congrats, fish.  are you in-state?  #s please?
Going to William & Mary!

fireplace

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2005, 03:43:27 PM »
Yeah, numbers please, and what was the date on the letter -- and how close do you live?
And any additional needed info, like are you URM?

lonahawk

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2005, 05:32:31 PM »
Congrats!  How nerve-racking for them to have their acceptance on one sheet of paper in an envelope like that.  At least put it in a big envelope! GOSH! :)

Fishdog

• Rarrrrrr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2005, 01:10:15 AM »
sorry it's taken me a while to reply...i just had a three-day business trip and got back home.
numbers are 3.75 and 165. the thing about it is, i went to undergrad at chapel hill, but i'm  not sure that was an advantage, since i've heard that unc is one of those schools that would rather not enroll their own undergrads in graduate programs (the idea that they don't want grad school to be an extension of college). i've heard that a number of times, but of course i don't have anything to back that up except hearsay. but it did have me worried.
i also applied very late in the cycle, i think on 1/18 or so, and i am in-state. i live about four hours west of chapel hill. truthfully, i think one big soft factor was my work experience (one year as a reporter, and currently an editor).
and thanks for all the congrats...good luck to everybody else in the running! i hope to see you in chapel hill in august!
Yep: UNC, Emory, Miami, GMU, UGA
Nope:
Withdrawn: W&M, W&L
Pending: GW