Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Poll

What do you want to do during your summer 1L?

Work for a firm
 23 (48.9%)
Work for a judge
 6 (12.8%)
Public Interest work in the US
 4 (8.5%)
Public Interest work abroad
 6 (12.8%)
Research Assistant for a professor
 0 (0%)
Governmental Job
 3 (6.4%)
Interning for a special interest organization (ie NAACP, ACLU etc.)
 5 (10.6%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Author Topic: 0L's  (Read 11263 times)

Ladyday

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: 0L's
« Reply #50 on: March 09, 2005, 10:12:54 PM »
Shoot screw that....If you don't have family in NYC...don't live there. NYC Is way too expensive for anyone not making at least 100K

Spoken like a person who doesn't live here  ;). But seriously, it is expensive, but if you are crafty, resourceful, responsible person, you can live here without breakin the bank. You just have to be realistic, then the benefits more than make up for the expensiveness.

Regal_Muse

« Reply #51 on: March 09, 2005, 10:25:52 PM »
I've visited enough times to know that NYC is EXPENSIVE. Am I wrong? Personally, I'm not trying to live in a hole in the wall apartment...

Ladyday

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 09, 2005, 10:31:29 PM »
I've visited enough times to know that NYC is EXPENSIVE. Am I wrong? Personally, I'm not trying to live in a hole in the wall apartment...

No. I had already stated it is expensive here. You ain't never had to visit nor live here to know that. But once you do live here, then you understand why people will pay out of their asses to be here.

Regal_Muse

« Reply #53 on: March 09, 2005, 10:46:31 PM »
Oh I understand. NYC is a great place. That's why I'm considering Columbia.

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 09, 2005, 11:03:19 PM »
I personally refuse to have roommates.  I study best at home, and I hate noise.  I don't want to live by any frat houses or loud UG apartments either, because of my hatred of loud obnoxious and unnecessary noise (unless I'm making it of course  ;)). I also must have a kitchen, bathroom, and of course, a living room; you can't have people coming over to visit and just sitting on your bed... gross.

You're not going to live in NYC I take it.
"A lawyer's either a social engineer or a parasite on society. A social engineer is a highly skilled...lawyer who understands the Constitution of the U.S. and knows how to explore its uses in the solving of problems of local communities and in bettering [our] conditions."
Charles H. Houston

Regal_Muse

« Reply #55 on: March 09, 2005, 11:16:16 PM »
Well if I have roommates, I need them to be clean guy men so I won't have to deal with petty females.  :P

seu2002

« Reply #56 on: March 10, 2005, 10:47:44 PM »
Well if I have roommates, I need them to be clean guy men so I won't have to deal with petty females.  :P

and risk them falling in love with you?  that more drama than i care to handle.  an emotionally disturbed man is a hassle.   >:(

at least you can put a female in her place and ignore her until its time to move out.   ::)

A.

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 10, 2005, 11:53:07 PM »
I will probably live off campus.  I've lived with 1 or more room/flatmates for the past 3.5 years.  Time for some solitude and a queen bed.

A.

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 10, 2005, 11:53:55 PM »

and risk them falling in love with you?  that more drama than i care to handle.  an emotionally disturbed man is a hassle.   >:(

at least you can put a female in her place and ignore her until its time to move out.   ::)

I think she meant "gay" instead of "guy."

seu2002

« Reply #59 on: March 11, 2005, 12:00:41 AM »

I think she meant "gay" instead of "guy."

lol.  i love my gay friends but there waaaaay more drama than all my girlfriends on their periods.  blech!