Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Poll

What do you want to do during your summer 1L?

Work for a firm
 23 (48.9%)
Work for a judge
 6 (12.8%)
Public Interest work in the US
 4 (8.5%)
Public Interest work abroad
 6 (12.8%)
Research Assistant for a professor
 0 (0%)
Governmental Job
 3 (6.4%)
Interning for a special interest organization (ie NAACP, ACLU etc.)
 5 (10.6%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Author Topic: 0L's  (Read 11519 times)

maricutie

Re: 0L's
« Reply #40 on: March 09, 2005, 04:08:17 PM »
I am going to be SURE to live in graduate housing. None of this ugrad stuff. There are some undergrads downstairs at my current place, and I keep thinking of them as "kids" (even though there's a good chance that they're at least as old as me). They're always loud, or having people over, or whatnot. No, sireee ... 

cali444

• Sr. Citizen
  • I, sir, am a lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 09, 2005, 04:23:46 PM »
This sounds so superficial..but I'm worried about closet space and warm water... :'(

I'm also worried about closet space, but more worried about having no kitchen, and having to share a bathroom with 30 other people again...  You relaly can't go back to that sort of thing when you've been out of school for a while.

seu2002

« Reply #42 on: March 09, 2005, 04:29:53 PM »
This sounds so superficial..but I'm worried about closet space and warm water... :'(

I'm also worried about closet space, but more worried about having no kitchen, and having to share a bathroom with 30 other people again...  You relaly can't go back to that sort of thing when you've been out of school for a while.

oh closet space...  how i love thee.  but i can do without the bastard.  it's just begging me to buy more clothes. 

i just hope that whatever housing situation i end up will spare me the horror of shower shoes.   :P

Statistic

• LSD Obsessed
  • I never had a chance
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 09, 2005, 04:33:55 PM »

This is why I refuse to live in student housing, especially at Harvard. Gropius is borderline offensive! how long have you been out of school?
Look to the left -- Look to the right

maricutie

« Reply #44 on: March 09, 2005, 04:37:04 PM »

I HATED not having a kitchen during most of my ugrad. I use cooking as a stress-reliever.

NYBound05

« Reply #45 on: March 09, 2005, 06:17:09 PM »
I personally refuse to have roommates.  I study best at home, and I hate noise.  I don't want to live by any frat houses or loud UG apartments either, because of my hatred of loud obnoxious and unnecessary noise (unless I'm making it of course  ;)). I also must have a kitchen, bathroom, and of course, a living room; you can't have people coming over to visit and just sitting on your bed... gross.

Ladyday

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 09, 2005, 07:58:42 PM »
I personally refuse to have roommates.  I study best at home, and I hate noise.  I don't want to live by any frat houses or loud UG apartments either, because of my hatred of loud obnoxious and unnecessary noise (unless I'm making it of course  ;)). I also must have a kitchen, bathroom, and of course, a living room; you can't have people coming over to visit and just sitting on your bed... gross.

Ummmmmm if you come to NYC, then be prepared to be shelling out AT LEAST $1000+ a month for all these things you must have, and that's not even in Manhattan.........

oh, and the $1000 is probably for an apt the size of your current bedroom

seu2002

« Reply #47 on: March 09, 2005, 09:10:34 PM »

Ummmmmm if you come to NYC, then be prepared to be shelling out AT LEAST $1000+ a month for all these things you must have, and that's not even in Manhattan.........

another reason i'm rooming.  i don't care how it's paid or how much it costs...  i'll prob be spending most of my time in the library anyway. 

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 09, 2005, 09:38:49 PM »

She ain't lyin!!!
"A lawyer's either a social engineer or a parasite on society. A social engineer is a highly skilled...lawyer who understands the Constitution of the U.S. and knows how to explore its uses in the solving of problems of local communities and in bettering [our] conditions."
Charles H. Houston

Regal_Muse

« Reply #49 on: March 09, 2005, 10:06:22 PM »
Shoot screw that....If you don't have family in NYC...don't live there. NYC Is way too expensive for anyone not making at least 100K