Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Poll

What do you want to do during your summer 1L?

Work for a firm
 23 (48.9%)
Work for a judge
 6 (12.8%)
Public Interest work in the US
 4 (8.5%)
Public Interest work abroad
 6 (12.8%)
Research Assistant for a professor
 0 (0%)
Governmental Job
 3 (6.4%)
Interning for a special interest organization (ie NAACP, ACLU etc.)
 5 (10.6%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Author Topic: 0L's  (Read 11447 times)

Statistic

• LSD Obsessed
  • I never had a chance
    • View Profile
Re: 0L's
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2005, 03:16:31 PM »
Hopefully furnished off-campus apartment within walking distance of the law school. Hopefully.
Look to the left -- Look to the right

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2005, 03:19:18 PM »
I plan on having my own space.  My own room.  My own shelf in the pantry and the fridge-- minimally.

The only thing I'm afraid of is having a roommate who has loud sex.

>:( I had a not so fresh roommate my first semester of ls...I never thought that the smell of sex should permeate throughout the entire apt... needless to say, she wasn't my roommate for long lol
We're not accepting this CHANGE UP in the rules. Period. American presidents have been in the bed with organized crime, corporate pilferers, and the like for years. And all u want to put on this man is that his pastor said "Gotdamn America?" Hell, America.U got off pretty damn well, if you ask me...

seu2002

« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2005, 03:23:15 PM »
I plan on having my own space.  My own room.  My own shelf in the pantry and the fridge-- minimally.

>:( I had a not so fresh roommate my first semester of ls...I never thought that the smell of sex should permeate throughout the entire apt... needless to say, she wasn't my roommate for long lol

LOL.  That's hilarious.  But that's exactly what I'm afraid off.  More than someone putting a piece of dead meat on my soy cheese or a dirty restroom or having my stuff gone through, I am so afraid of having a nympho's headboard banging against my wall at 3 AM before a big test!!   :o

Regal_Muse

« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2005, 03:28:07 PM »
Ewww...see that is why I'm going to have my own apartment. I don't want to be modest and having to deal with another roommate and their issues. I have enough of my own.

maricutie

« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2005, 03:35:17 PM »
ROFL ...

Although, I have to say, I've had pretty good roomate experiences. Plus, I don't think I'll be able to afford a place of my own for the first year. Maybe the second, but for sure not the first.

cali444

• Sr. Citizen
  • I, sir, am a lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2005, 03:49:18 PM »

Ewww...

I'll probably live on campus for the first year.  Like Mari, I'll be moving across the country and wno;t know anything about local housing.  Living in University housing is always more convenient, even if it sucks.

seu2002

« Reply #36 on: March 09, 2005, 03:56:40 PM »

Ewww...

I'll probably live on campus for the first year.  Like Mari, I'll be moving across the country and wno;t know anything about local housing.  Living in University housing is always more convenient, even if it sucks.

convenient for travel purposes.  i would consider living on campus but i don't want to end up in a crappy dorm surrounded by UG's experimenting with life for the first time.  i was there-- that's not conducive to anyone's health, much less to their education.

i found another pre-law who's from my area, and i've been talking to other 1L's in my area as well.  they will hopefully help me out, and hopefully the pre-law, who's trying to get housing off campus, will hook us up with a nice place.  all you fellow cross-country travelers might want to try that.

cali444

• Sr. Citizen
  • I, sir, am a lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 09, 2005, 04:01:00 PM »

Ewww...

convenient for travel purposes.  i would consider living on campus but i don't want to end up in a crappy dorm surrounded by UG's experimenting with life for the first time.  i was there-- that's not conducive to anyone's health, much less to their education.

i found another pre-law who's from my area, and i've been talking to other 1L's in my area as well.  they will hopefully help me out, and hopefully the pre-law, who's trying to get housing off campus, will hook us up with a nice place.  all you fellow cross-country travelers might want to try that.

I completely agree that living on your own is probably a lot better, but camput living doesn't have to be all that bad.  I've never heard of UGs living in law housing!  If that were the case, I'd definitely avoid the dorms at all costs.  :)  I'm SURE there will be annoyances in the law student dorms, but since many law students are older and have worked for a little while, people will know how to handle themselves a little bit better.

seu2002

« Reply #38 on: March 09, 2005, 04:04:28 PM »

Ewww...

I completely agree that living on your own is probably a lot better, but camput living doesn't have to be all that bad.  I've never heard of UGs living in law housing!  If that were the case, I'd definitely avoid the dorms at all costs.  :)  I'm SURE there will be annoyances in the law student dorms, but since many law students are older and have worked for a little while, people will know how to handle themselves a little bit better.

let's hope so.  i'm afraid on campus housing will provoke a higher incidence of sabotage.  bastard jealous roomie!!! 

i'm not ruling out on-campus housing until i visit the school.  decision, decisions...   :-\ 

Regal_Muse

« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2005, 04:05:40 PM »
This sounds so superficial..but I'm worried about closet space and warm water... :'(