Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Poll

What do you want to do during your summer 1L?

Work for a firm
 23 (48.9%)
Work for a judge
 6 (12.8%)
Public Interest work in the US
 4 (8.5%)
Public Interest work abroad
 6 (12.8%)
Research Assistant for a professor
 0 (0%)
Governmental Job
 3 (6.4%)
Interning for a special interest organization (ie NAACP, ACLU etc.)
 5 (10.6%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Author Topic: 0L's  (Read 11033 times)

A.

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: 0L's
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2005, 04:07:02 PM »
I haven't heard from Yale yet so it all depends. Right now I'm debating between Harvard and Columbia.

Not S?  Good luck with your decision.  I'd probably take Harvard.  I think.

Regal_Muse

« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2005, 04:15:53 PM »
Who knows. I'm happy I missed the yale rejection rush. My mail came in today and nothing from them so I guess that's a good thing.

Bluenine

• Sr. Citizen
  • Shut up
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2005, 04:31:09 PM »
So where is everyone leaning and why?

If and when I actually get accepted to a school I want to attend, then I can actually start leaning... :-\

Lol, and which of the schools on your pending list would you be happy to attend?

Ideally, in the fall, I would be on the first thing smokin' to Palo Alto.

But since that's not going to happen (my numbers aren't all that great), I'd be equally happy to get an acceptance at GW.
The George Washington University Law School c/o 2008

official2008

• Sr. Citizen
  • London Jazz Cafe
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - official2007
    • View Profile
    • LSN PROFILE
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2005, 04:34:38 PM »

If and when I actually get accepted to a school I want to attend, then I can actually start leaning... :-\

Lol, and which of the schools on your pending list would you be happy to attend?

But since that's not going to happen (my numbers aren't all that great), I'd be equally happy to get an acceptance at GW.

what's wrong with Emory?
Give is us free!

Bluenine

• Sr. Citizen
  • Shut up
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2005, 04:41:45 PM »

what's wrong with Emory?

Nothing, but I'm not paying to go there, and I don't think I'm going to get a scholarship.

To be honest, for a while it was my first choice, but now I'm not so sure going off of hearsay (environment, cost, job prospects, etc.)  I plan to visit during the admitted students weekend, so maybe my opinions will change.  Or better yet, in the end I might not have a choice...
The George Washington University Law School c/o 2008

seu2002

« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2005, 02:58:43 PM »
Is anyone considering on campus?  What are your reasons for doing so or not?

I think I'm going to be off campus, but I don't know.  Still deciding...   ???

maricutie

« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2005, 03:09:24 PM »
On-campus, definetly. I'm going to be moving all the way cross-country, and I don't want to have to deal with the hassle of furnishing an apt the week before classes. Second year I'll most likely live off-campus, since I want a dog. 

seu2002

« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2005, 03:12:33 PM »
On-campus, definetly. I'm going to be moving all the way cross-country, and I don't want to have to deal with the hassle of furnishing an apt the week before classes. Second year I'll most likely live off-campus, since I want a dog. 

I want a dog too.  I think I'm going to buy one before I leave if I do live off campus.  I think I would enjoy doing the impoverished student thing again.  I wouldn't mind having nothing but a mattress on the floor to sleep on and my laptop on the floor.  I have huge beautiful furniture now, and I just sit my ass my comfortable couches and mess around all day.  They're a curse!!!

Regal_Muse

« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2005, 03:13:02 PM »
Depends. I'm very picky about my living space. Also the roommate issues...My current roommate (who has been my roommate for two years already) is very cool and anally clean like myself so we get alone fabulously. I have a zero tolerance policy for drunkards and nasty heifers who eat all my food. MOst likely I will probably live by myself off campus. Besides I value my privacy and that's difficult to come by when you have roommates.

seu2002

« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2005, 03:15:17 PM »
I plan on having my own space.  My own room.  My own shelf in the pantry and the fridge-- minimally.

The only thing I'm afraid of is having a roommate who has loud sex.