Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Villanova $$$ ?  (Read 1549 times)

birdysails

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Villanova $$$ ?
« on: March 03, 2005, 01:36:41 PM »
Has anyone gotten $$$ offers from Villanova?  Any ideas when we should start hearing about merit $$$?
Going to William & Mary!

Largemonk

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Villanova $$$ ?
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2005, 01:49:26 PM »
I believe March 15 is when they start announcing the $$ decisions.
158 (155+161)/3.1
Going to: Villanova
In:Rutgers-Camden $, Catholic, NYLS $, PSU $
WL: Cardozo, U MD, Brooklyn, St. John's
Out: American, BU, BC, UConn, Fordham, Georgetown PT, GW PT, Penn, Temple, George Mason, W&L
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=alexknagy

Faure

• Sr. Citizen
  • Meow
    • AOL Instant Messenger - leoninshikari
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - Faure_Fan
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2005, 06:27:53 PM »
I was sent a separate sheet to fill out if I wanted a scholarship or financial with my acceptance letter. Just out of curiousity, who doesn't want a scholarship!?!?  ???

Largemonk

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2005, 08:54:27 AM »
I was sent a separate sheet to fill out if I wanted a scholarship or financial with my acceptance letter. Just out of curiousity, who doesn't want a scholarship!?!?  ???

That only applies to a few of the scholarships that you have to write an essay for (like the public interests scholarships, etc.).  Everyone is automatically considered for the rest of the scholarships.  I was on campus this weekend and they reiterated that the first round of scholarship awards will be made March 15. If they have your email address they will email you to let you know you can find your award on their Novasis online system. If they don't have email they will send you a letter in the mail if you get a scholarship.
158 (155+161)/3.1
Out: American, BU, BC, UConn, Fordham, Georgetown PT, GW PT, Penn, Temple, George Mason, W&L

Jgunnz

• Sr. Citizen
  • GPA: 3.64, LSAT: (156+166)/2
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2005, 11:36:15 AM »
My understanding from reading through Villanova's material was that to be considered for any scholarships you had to first apply for financial aid. Can any confirm if this is true or not?
Brooklyn Law Prince Scholar ($17.5K per year)

mschuell

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2005, 11:42:30 AM »
My understanding from reading through Villanova's material was that to be considered for any scholarships you had to first apply for financial aid. Can any confirm if this is true or not?

I'm pretty sure that for most of the scholarships, you are eligible without filling out the Financial Aid app.
3.35, 163

Attending: Seton Hall
Accepted:  Rutgers-Newark ($), Villanova, Brooklyn ($), Temple($),  American, Seton Hall($), Cardozo PT                      
Rejected: Fordham, GMU
Waitlisted:Pending:  None

Largemonk

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2005, 11:54:03 AM »

There is a Villanova financial aid form you have to fill out. I think most of the info is similar to FAFSA info.  I do not know if that form relates at all to scholarships. It may only be for loan packages. But you best bet for info would bo to talk to Villanova's financial aid office directly.
158 (155+161)/3.1

Faure

• Sr. Citizen
  • Meow
    • AOL Instant Messenger - leoninshikari
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - Faure_Fan
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2005, 01:45:35 PM »
Hmmm.. I thought I saw another form. I will double check and let you know if there is something else.

TradeWonk

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2005, 03:12:44 PM »
I dunno but the website seemed pretty clear to me...  Financial aid form and FAFSA required to be considered for any aid, merit, need, loans/grants or otherwise...  deadline for financial aid form is March 1st... decisions will start being released on March 15th.
"...I keep getting older, and they stay the same age."

Largemonk

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2005, 04:24:51 PM »
I dunno but the website seemed pretty clear to me...  Financial aid form and FAFSA required to be considered for any aid, merit, need, loans/grants or otherwise...  deadline for financial aid form is March 1st... decisions will start being released on March 15th.

The priority deadline is March 1st. That applies mostly to Perkins loans and other truly need-based loans.  They are still accepting fin aid apps and they are still doling out Stafford Loans. 
158 (155+161)/3.1